Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Find me a New Watch BBV

Hey All,
I just want to get a nice looking watch. I don't really care about anything else. Unfortunately I don't know enough about watches to pick something that a true connaisseur would but I can always trade it in at Caesar's for full value if I learn more and decide to change my mind. Also the Vacheron's are really nice but to expensive and not my style.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey All,
I just want to get a nice looking watch. I don't really care about anything else. Unfortunately I don't know enough about watches to pick something that a true connaisseur would but I can always trade it in at Caesar's for full value if I learn more and decide to change my mind. Also the Vacheron's are really nice but to expensive and not my style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah.. back where we started. Seriously... IWC. They have many awesome watches in your range.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:38 PM

If you're local to Vegas the dealer at Caesar's carries a great selection. Go try on a bunch and decide what styles you like and then go from there....

From what I'm gathering you just want a nice looking watch and not quite something that's as baller as your OP may have indicated...

IWCs are good. Omega makes some sharp watches. I still insist that Panerai's are nice pieces and hold their value well.... and priced below a Rolex in a lot of cases. Any of these would be a step up from the TAG you referred to.

I'm just not a personal fan of the common Rolex models. The Submariner, GMT and Yachtmaster don't appeal to my personal taste but your mileage may vary.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 PM

This is what I wear, a white gold IWC Portuguese Chrono Automatic:

FWIW, this is the most baller choice presented so far. Here's why... very few people will recognize this watch for what it is, and that's baller.

There is nothing worse, in my mind, than some douche walking around with a gaudy-ass Jake the Jeweler bling bling Breitling that screams "GUESS HOW SMALL MY DICK IS!"

The one pictured above is more expensive than you wanted, but they make a steel case version that's only 7k or so.

Show some class. Get an IWC, then come to 2+2 and brag about it.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, this is the most baller choice presented so far. Here's why... very few people will recognize this watch for what it is, and that's baller.

There is nothing worse, in my mind, than some douche walking around with a gaudy-ass Jake the Jeweler bling bling Breitling that screams "GUESS HOW SMALL MY DICK IS!"

The one pictured above is more expensive than you wanted, but they make a steel case version that's only 7k or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, you have fine taste in watches.

OP, do what this guy says. The Ingenieur line and the Pilot line have many models in your range.

Crapload of pictures on the Orolus site: http://www.orolus.com/iwc.shtml
Old 06-27-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...I like the look of my Breitling over the watch you posted but thats a really good point...the ones dripping in diamonds are really just gaudy and sorta obnoxious. Cool that people can afford them, but not what I'd choose to drop 10k on.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:26 AM

My dick is a good size so why do I still want a ballin' watch? Compensating for something else obv?

I just want to get my shine on.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:28 AM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]that watch is sick
Old 06-28-2007, 12:32 AM

Thoughts? I never heard of the brand.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:51 PM

I really like this one too.