Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Another Chipotle Thread

End to this argument

To each his/her own, if someone likes the taste of Qdoba/Baja Fresh/Moe's/NY Burrito/etc more than Chipotle then good for that person

I just feel sorry for that person's taste buds because they don't know what they are missing
Old 07-17-2007, 09:31 AM

So I went to NYC this past weekend and tried Chipotle for the first time. I have been so excited to try this place based on the countless threads here on 2p2 making it sound like they had so many different options and how awesome it was. And then it turns out Chipotle is a burrito place like any other, that just so happens to be a chain. They don't have many differnt options at all, really. I got a Barbacoa burrito with black beans, rice, cheese, guacamole, and mild and medium salsas. Don't get me wrong - it was most definitely a good burrito - but no better than the new Boloco chain around here, and still certainly not as good as Anna's. I will give them the highest possible guacamole rating though - that was freakin delicious with tortilla chips and a little green Tabasco...
Old 07-17-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I went to NYC this past weekend and tried Chipotle for the first time. I have been so excited to try this place based on the countless threads here on 2p2 making it sound like they had so many different options and how awesome it was. And then it turns out Chipotle is a burrito place like any other, that just so happens to be a chain. They don't have many differnt options at all, really. I got a Barbacoa burrito with black beans, rice, cheese, guacamole, and mild and medium salsas. Don't get me wrong - it was most definitely a good burrito - but no better than the new Boloco chain around here, and still certainly not as good as Anna's. I will give them the highest possible guacamole rating though - that was freakin delicious with tortilla chips and a little green Tabasco...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure where you're from, but I think part of the Chipotle appeal in major metropolitan areas is that a lot of the meat is organic - no hormones or anything. The pork is all truly free-range, from Neiman Ranch. It's also fast, and there are tons of them, so very convenient.

EDIT: But, like you, I think I'd be underwhelmed after reading so much hype on this message board. It's a good lunch spot, but it's not amazing or anything. For fast food, it's good.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need pinto beans and pork to get the full effect of chipotle of course...
Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 PM

After months of passing Chipotle in Union Square in NYC without even knowing it, I was inspired to action by this thread.

Went with chix/beef combo, pinto, rice, mild salsa, fire roasted corn salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce. Note: Even though he asked me black vs. pinto right up front, he still dipped into the black and there was slight contamination. Something tells me that the vast majority of folks must go for the black beans.

First impression - bag was heavy. For a big eater, this was a plus.

Despite the girth of the burrito, the wrap held up to the last bite, which was a big surprise as I expected a huge mess.

Very tasty, and for 7$, this is a value option for lunch in NY. It actually was filling enough to cause a slight pause in consumption, which is impressive.

A+, will eat again.