Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: WVU Poker Challenge

I don't know what site that is but they obviously all play high buyins because basically everyone that is even halfway decent that I've played is 2+2...

And fwiw, anyone who actually thinks that this prop bet would make any sense whatsoever for someone to either move to higher levels to play or for a higher level player to waste their time with it is probably retarded.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf_pokerforumIneverheardof

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-05-2007, 02:13 AM

Who said anything about the $109's ??

One poster mentioned he would do it at that level, so I just commented how I would love to see that, cuz anyone who sais they can take this challenge and play at those levels must really be good.

Wanting the play the $1.10 levels, he could have 2000+ players lining up for that. Wheres the challenge ?

Fact is ... 1 out of maybe 100 will win or get close to winning this challenge.

The semi-so-called pros at 2+2 would eat the players up at the $1.10 tables so $33+3 sounds about right.

I'm done talking about it. Looking forward to seeing how you guys make out. Let the games begin ...
Old 06-05-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if everyone wants a laugh they should read this thread

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=489178

[ QUOTE ]

My guess is for every 10 that take it, one will surprise and come close, but will eventually fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rude... do you have any idea how to go about calculating this analytically? I mean... this is so far beyond retarded I'm having a hard time even putting it in to words.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You must post the table and site before you start. You can play more than one table at once, as long as you post before they start.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kills the bet. There simply isn't enough time to post all the exact info before the tournaments start as well as register for the actual tournament.

[ QUOTE ]
The bet is graded after player cashes 50 or does not cash in 51 tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also a really [censored] condition, as I'm assuming people will want to be playing their regular games so as to not kill their $/hr, and chances are very good you are going to bitch and say these count even though they were obviously not intended to be part of the challenge.

Also, LOL @ thexforum thread.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys here got it easy. At the Rx the min amount was $33+3 that you could play the challenge for.

All this talk about escrow etc. If you lose you transfer $100 to WVU @ Pokerstars. If by chance you guys cash, he does the same.

Like I said, all this talk about guys taking the challenge at $2-$5 games .... play the $33+3 min and let's see how many of you guys are talking the talk then.

Best of Luck! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hello, moron. the whole reason we were saying it would be very doable is because you (er, op) said any denomination. if the bet was for the 33s then it'd be difficult, the 10-1 would make more sense, etc. ducy?

"i challenge you to do x"
"that's easy. i accept"
"you have to do it against aba"
"oh, wtf?"
"where's all the big talk, now?"
Old 06-05-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys here got it easy. At the Rx the min amount was $33+3 that you could play the challenge for.

All this talk about escrow etc. If you lose you transfer $100 to WVU @ Pokerstars. If by chance you guys cash, he does the same.

Like I said, all this talk about guys taking the challenge at $2-$5 games .... play the $33+3 min and let's see how many of you guys are talking the talk then.

Best of Luck! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hello, moron. the whole reason we were saying it would be very doable is because you (er, op) said any denomination. if the bet was for the 33s then it'd be difficult, the 10-1 would make more sense, etc. ducy?

"i challenge you to do x"
"that's easy, i'll do it"
"you have to do it against aba"
"oh, wtf?"
"where's all the big talk, now?"

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'd

What did all you guys expect when you read the OP of some rando/unknown dude?

Like there is no way this ends well for anyone, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

[ QUOTE ]
Fact is ... 1 out of maybe 100 will win or get close to winning this challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... OK... I just saw this and I'm pretty sure you're so stupid that it's actually unethical to take this bet. If a mental patient asked to trade my picture of Hamilton for his picture of Jackson because the picture of Jackson scared him, I wouldn't do it.

I personally think it is fair for him to expect a string of 100 games in a row to be used for the bet, however if this is the case posting the info before they start is rediculous.

Either:

A- You play a string of 100 games in a row and post information about them afterwards.

or

B- You play 100 games that you choose beforehand posting the info here but they don't have to be in a row as to not mess up a players regular schedule.

Both ways could have some complications but they shouldn't be that hard to regulate, but making it be 100 in a row that have to be listed before plying just isn't reasonable. The games will fill way faster than you can post the numbers.
Closed Thread