Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: bots in the FT mid-high HU games

[ QUOTE ]
and the FTP and AP ones play IDENTICAL to the UB ones which makes me think thats its a poker bot syndicate. I am crazy, blah, blah, blah... Going to go drink a pepsi now.

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFAwesomeness.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to say for the record though, that I played a very long HU session vs lip2lip at 50/100 several months ago, and I came to the conclusion that he was NOT a bot, based on the fact that over the course of several hours of play, we each seperately said "brb" in chat and took a 5ish minute break. He was the first to initiate a break too, btw.
The others though, I have played similar sessions with them and they have never said "brb" or asked for a break, or quit me, sat out, etc. I never played the UB bots but I am becoming convinced that bobaloca, and flopbenice could definitely fit the mold of a HU limit poker bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, a bot programmer with 3-4 bots running simultaneously wagering thousands of dollars is a) watching at least part of the time, and b) interceding when necessary if only to look human.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:58 PM

One question I have is would the transactions on an account for a bot look different than for a normal human player's account (i.e. cashing out a lot more frequently to have a small running total in case they get busted)
Old 05-15-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fair enough. I will transfer 10,000 UB to you for 10,000 FTP or stars if you like and then transfer back if you dont want the money on UB as no one does for some reason. I pick the bot and you play it and then the rest will unfold itself. And for your bot boycotting, I use the term bot blocking. After a while for instance on UB the bots refuse to play me and so forth. Read above post. So if you sit and block the bots ability to play the fish the bots have to play you instead. The bots can only play 1 table at a time and usually never multi table hence why there are 1 different bot at each 30-60 6 max right now. Look at the site and see what I am talking about. And one more thing... I really dont think bots are beatable at this stage of there development and god knows as time goes on if we cant destroy them right here, right now by getting the sites to take action.

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike,

If there's some guy out there who's flagrantly a bot that's a pretty bad bet for me, I'm more interested in doing something with one of the FT guys I've played with in the past and who seemed pretty kosher to me.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:10 PM

It's irrelevant that the best human players can beat the best bots NOW. Humans have limited potential for improvement, but the bots are getting exponentially better via Moore's law AND improved algorithms.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you possibly go to showdown that much and win, that is insane

[/ QUOTE ]

are you referring to the stats in this thread for the bots? i thought for hu 45-48 wsd is like completely standard?

fwiw i know guys who go to sd 48% in 6way and absolutely crush.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought for hu 45-48 wsd is like completely standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. My stats are pretty close to theirs except my pfr is a little lower and my w$sd and amount won is lower too.

Do they have huge disparities from good 2p2ers in stats or is it just the fact that they all have close to the same stats that's bothering you guys?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Me too. My stats are pretty close to theirs except my pfr is a little lower and my w$sd and amount won is lower too.

Do they have huge disparities from good 2p2ers in stats or is it just the fact that they all have close to the same stats that's bothering you guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's much more the timing of these players actions along with that fact that they'll play a huge winner like Bryce but never each other (mainly the timing for me).

The stats don't bother me all that much. Statistically, I'm not really sure how close FlopBeNice, BobaLoca, and JapInTheSack's stats actually are or are not.

Again, I think BeatMe1's timing is different from the rest which is why I'm not lumping him in with the other guys. I haven't watched bono enough to really say anything.

___1___
Old 05-15-2007, 07:23 PM

I think BobaLoca might be trying to make a point today. He's said "brb" and sat out twice in the short time I watched him which I've never seen before. His timing is also much different than it usually is.

___1___
Old 05-15-2007, 07:34 PM

I kinda skimmed through this thread. Anyway, I was the guy that initially found mcnair. The biggest reason behind me figuring it out is that I ran insanely hot for 20 hands and started playing superaggro, but he didn't adjust to me at all.

A smart bot owner will be sitting there watching.

I think the best way to find them is to go by feel... He just didn't feel like a human player. I am very good with reading people's emotions and state of mind while playing HU. I'm sure most of you guys that are experienced with HU are too. After you put a beat on them, their actions are a little faster and they are a little more aggro. You know when they are getting sick of you raising or doing whatever. Bots don't adjust like that.