Loved! With all that was left with me
'Til we tore in two.
Now wings and rings, and there's so many
Waiting here for youuuuuuuuuuu......
Old 05-15-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Personal experiences with ghosts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Magellan, I get your point. However, you say that "you have yet to see someone prove that they don't exist" is kind of a silly statement. It resembles the religious argument of having to disprove God etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough, but the evidence being presented to me to support believing in, say Christianity, is a lot different to, for example, J.Brown's story in this thread; one is basically a first-hand account (and of a far less incredible story).

[ QUOTE ]
Right now the best explanation for most ghost stories are what others have mentioned. Most of them happen either in the verge of sleep or in some dark creepy place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'm sure a large proportion of ghost stories have a possible explanation along those lines but ones like J.Brown's are a lot more diffcult to explain away. Sorry to keep using that example but it's a good one, and I've heard others over the years that invloved some sort of physical manifestation.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying that the universe doesn't hold any suprises for us but I'd be extremely suprised if these kind of ghosts were found that have been reported here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well assuming that the human race ever comes to learn how the universe was created, just how unspectacular would you expect that knowledge to be? It basically has to be a created-by-a-supreme-being type scenario or some pretty messed up physics, and the existence of ghosts seems a lot less difficult to get your head around than either of those concepts imo.

[ QUOTE ]
They just seem to be too conveniently like the products of our imagination and not truly something that we haven't been able to figure out.

[/ QUOTE ]
And that is the exact sort of thinking that is a product of the brain wanting to produce patterns and create meaning that you mentioned. Something happens that we can't easily explain and possibly lack the knowledge to comprehend but we can't help trying to construct an explanation out of what we already know anyway. It's what I was trying to get at with my caveman/television example: we need to allow at least a small probability that there are some things right in front of us that we just can't comprehend yet. It's frustrating sure, much more comfortable to be able to say "yeah that's kinda freaky but it's really just x and y".

Just to be clear, this is not a pet topic of mine by any stretch and I am far from convinced that "ghosts" exist, I just think that some stories are not so easily and conclusively explained away.

[/ QUOTE ]

a follow up to my story that may or may not be needed or mean anything.

it happened on the middle of a otherwise totally normal sunday afternoon.

nothing else has ever happened to me that is remotely close to this experience.

everyone who knows me would say i am as rational and grounded as anyone that they know.

i do not want to believe in anything supernatural, if this "thing" would have never happened i would be making a post about believing in unicorns and leperachauns and making fun of my own story.

something PHYSICAL happened. not a feeling, not a shadow, not a glimpse of anything. hinge bolts rose out of hinges and landed in the middle of a room. i watched this. i picked them up. i was scared to death. i can't explain it. i don't really care to try.

your guess is as good as mine on any of this subject matter, my only thing is that being close minded or thinking that you know it all or can explain it all is very very narrow minded and should be a line of thinking that should be rethought.

any questions or whatever fire away. later. J.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No such thing imo. We all live, die, and that is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about a lack of self respect.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
something PHYSICAL happened. not a feeling, not a shadow, not a glimpse of anything. hinge bolts rose out of hinges and landed in the middle of a room. i watched this. i picked them up. i was scared to death. i can't explain it. i don't really care to try.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, just to be completely clear, you are saying you witnessed these hinge bolts lift out of the hinges and travel through the air some distance before landing on the floor? 'Cause that is a hell of a claim. Can you provide a more in-depth description? Things like how fast did they move? Did they move erratically? How high off of the floor were they? How long were they airbourne? Anything else you can think to mention would be good.

I'm also surprised that you went and picked the bolts up after seeing this.

Definitely keen to hear some more details.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 PM

the only hardcore evidence that Ive experienced:

1. I dont remember it, btu when Iw as 3 or 4 years old, I was in the basement w/ my mom while she was doing laundry, in my playroom, I walked into the laundry room and asked where my aunt went, we werent done playing yet. She asked what I meant, I told her again that I was just playing with my aunt, then she went to the playroom, saw a figurte that looked like a women than it disappeared, she ran out of the house crying and stayed at a neighbors until my dad came home. This was all relayed to me by her.

When I was 15 or so, I was babysitting my 2 year old brother. We were sitting in the tv room watching TV, no one was home, I heard someone run down the upstairs steps onto the floor we were on, and jump onto the floor, I dismissed it, thought I was hearing things, until I looked at my brother and he was looking at me confused, and asked who that was. that really freaked the [censored] out of me.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when Iw as 3 or 4 years old

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at first,

Edit: then saw the "my mom relayed the info"
Old 05-16-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when Iw as 3 or 4 years old

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at first,

Edit: then saw the "my mom relayed the info"

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe...ya, I know, but I guess if I have to trust my mom right?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 PM

Meh. If there were ghosts China would be knee deep in them. They have natural disasters over there that kill people wholesale, not the wussy natural disasters we have.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the big prob with these visions is most happen directly before falling asleep or directly after waking up. At these times the brain can be thinking of numerous things and it is hard to decifer reality and imagination.

[/ QUOTE ]