Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Theory- Merging Your Range

bump 4 more discussion
Old 05-11-2007, 06:35 AM

what are people's thoughts on demerging your range?
Old 05-11-2007, 07:03 AM

submerge and fuse those ranges people, then you have an adequate reason for betting the river, you heard it here first.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh snap i just figured it out, you post this so that hundreds of mediocre small to mid stakes players who lurk/occasionally post will read it, fail to understand whats actually going on, and then start making all sorts of stupid river bets with mediocre holdings, but not complain too much when they get called by better ones, justifying it because it was a "range-mergerino" or whatever it finally becomes dubbed by the cleverest lurker-turned-poster, because they could have gotten called by worse sometimes. then you can just chill out and take all their ill-advised riverbetting monies when they start bluffing you without realizing it.

or you could just change the title:
"theory - make bets that you dont understand but its ok because aejones said so and he's super good! while aejones and company lurk in the shadows taking advantage of copycat bad-tags putting more chips in on the river than they should."

[/ QUOTE ]

hahhahaha
Old 06-13-2007, 02:13 AM

FREE SHIP SHIP MCG.. err AJONES
Old 06-13-2007, 02:20 AM

what i think you describe is basically a natural progression for poker players. the more you play, the more you find spots for thin value bets and bluffs. if you asked a beginning player if he's ever bluffed with AA or top pair, he'd laugh at you. i think it's pretty much common sense for anyone who knows how easy it is to pick off bluffs from bad players

i find it funny that "value bluff" is a widely accepted word on the limit boards but so hotly contested in the nl boards. it's possible that it's much more defined in limit because the pot odds are so good. a thin bluff will have the side effect of frequently getting called by worse. seems like the terminology itself is what the biggest debate is over, and not where or not there are actual instances where it's useful. i don't think anyone is arguing whether overlapping ranges do exist, because they obviously do. as long as your opponent is a relative unknown, i do think it happens
Old 06-13-2007, 04:21 AM

We need other term for that. After seeing "merging your range" its very difficult for anybody to take it seriously...