Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: ***The Official Sopranos Episode 80 Thread***

Stacks was played by Samuel L. Jackson, not Tony Sirico.

Correct, however they had two people named Stacks in the movie.

Tony Sirico ... Tony Stacks

Samuel L. Jackson ... Stacks Edwards

I can see why this would confuse you [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099685/
Old 04-25-2007, 07:04 AM

John "Cha Cha" Ciarcia plays one of Phil Leotardo's flunkies.

Cha Cha co-hosts Big Pussy's "Wiseguys Show" on Sirius, where he has also asserted that he only agreed to be on the show as long as they promised to never make him a rat, or a gay character.

Cha Cha takes a lot of pride in this. He doesn't seem to have noticed that he's had about three lines, total, in his two seasons on the show.

(I still love him on the radio, though)
Old 04-25-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
from wiki article, what do they mean by "shakedown artist"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone who intimidates people into giving him money. Extortionist thug.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can someone explain to me why they leave town when the body is discovered? is tony leaving his family behind if the police want to talk to him? doesn't seem very plausible. it's a 20-25 yr old murder and these guys have shown in the past that they just get good lawyers and go to court. and, if he's not going to flee the country, then wouldn't his being out of town just draw more suspicion?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i was thinking about that as well - i guess it's just a matter of getting out of town to see if the dust settles. time to gather their thoughts or whatever in case the cops come looking for them...? that's what i settled on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those would have to be some seriously, seriously stupid feds to call him on his cell while they know he's at a dinner table with Tony and Paulie. Pretty implausible if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

as stupid as quoting a totally unrelated post?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
John "Cha Cha" Ciarcia plays one of Phil Leotardo's flunkies.

Cha Cha co-hosts Big Pussy's "Wiseguys Show" on Sirius, where he has also asserted that he only agreed to be on the show as long as they promised to never make him a rat, or a gay character.

Cha Cha takes a lot of pride in this. He doesn't seem to have noticed that he's had about three lines, total, in his two seasons on the show.

(I still love him on the radio, though)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, Sirius does Radio Drama?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:10 PM

Didn't Tony get harassed by FBI Agents the last time he went down to get his paper? He came back in and told Carm that he wasn't getting the paper anymore because he couldn't handle dealing with them every time? Didn't Paulie bring the paper to T in this episode? He never mentioned the FBI guys. Wouldn't they have stopped him as well knowing he was involved with T?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:16 PM

The FBI guys weren't camped out there to harrass....they just asked him to keep an eye out for suspicious middle-easterners at the docks. Granted a mob boss doesn't want to have any morning meetings with the Feds, but I think he over-reacted a bit. I think Paulie mentioned something when he brought the paper in but I couldn't catch it.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Tony get harassed by FBI Agents the last time he went down to get his paper? He came back in and told Carm that he wasn't getting the paper anymore because he couldn't handle dealing with them every time? Didn't Paulie bring the paper to T in this episode? He never mentioned the FBI guys. Wouldn't they have stopped him as well knowing he was involved with T?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Tony was more concerned about him being vulnerable to a hit than getting hassled by the feds.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Tony was more concerned about him being vulnerable to a hit than getting hassled by the feds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but I was thinking..maybe they approached Paulie while he was getting the paper and he just didn't mention it to T because he was going to help them. Dunno, just thought it was odd that they brought up T not getting his paper anymore, then the next episode they make it a point to have paulie say "I brought your paper up". I thought it was either letting you know that paulie was doing what he could to keep Tony happy, or maybe the FBI approached Paulie and he just kept it quite
Old 04-25-2007, 02:29 PM

I got that feeling that Tony probably mentioned the Fed incident to Paulie which is why he made a point of telling him he brought it for hi.