Olive Garden 47 66.20%
Chipotle 24 33.80%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Dating: If you\'re short, you better make $$$$$$$

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd wager that if the PUA jackass in question was 6'1", he'd be much more successful at picking chicks up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really can't get much more successful...

lol @ nubs spouting uninformed opinions yet trying to come off on a social scale higher than 1

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, right...we know. Never strikes out, scores with each and every chick he approaches, if he doesn't, tons of guys like you willing to fellate him, etc. We get it.

Guys with cool names like Style are to be worshipped and looked up to, right?

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't worry, keep up the alpha male persona and no one will notice your lack of logic.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Vyse - erm, you're using some PUA person named "Style" as your standard of incredible success. Reality check buddy...

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

in terms of "dating" / picking up chicks, yes. why? because no one's better. soz.

in terms of life, no. no need to phrase it like i am, either. seriously, if you know nothing about it, don't talk about it. ignorance = unattractive. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha it's true - I know nothing of this "Style" fellow.

However, you are aware that there are guys out there that don't have to resort to yelling at women and throwing stuff at them (or whatever it is PUA advocates) - and pull lots of women just by being their naturally charming, good-looking, well-off selves?

Curious,
-Al
Old 04-11-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd wager that if the PUA jackass in question was 6'1", he'd be much more successful at picking chicks up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really can't get much more successful...

lol @ nubs spouting uninformed opinions yet trying to come off on a social scale higher than 1

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, right...we know. Never strikes out, scores with each and every chick he approaches, if he doesn't, tons of guys like you willing to fellate him, etc. We get it.

Guys with cool names like Style are to be worshipped and looked up to, right?

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't worry, keep up the alpha male persona and no one will notice your lack of logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Seriously. If this PUA stuff works on chicks like it does on fanboys like you, everyone should try it. I can tell you're ready to bend over for the guy after only reading three of your posts!

And lack of logic? LOL.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:53 PM

I'm 5'6".
I'm also a little overweight and am mostly bald up top and am 36.

You can overcome the money AND height issue if you actually have half-decent game.
I don't even consider my game to be THAT monstrously good but I seem to do okay. Can you make a girl (preferrably one with half-a-brain) laugh without coming off as extremely obnoxious?
It goes a long way.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know anything about eharmony and other dating sites, but its probably even dumb for a short guy to use one. I've never dated anyone shorter than me, but I have banged more than one girl who is taller than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used a similar site before.
Yep, lots of girls have some pretty strict height requirements. Others don't.
The girl I've been with for almost 5 years is someone who spotted me on one of those sites.
My profile made her laugh and the rest is history.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, he starts talking about politics and city-planning and stuff in front of chicks. I always used to yell at him and tell him chicks don't give a sh*t about that stuff..especially at a club. So yeah, he's not exactly socially smooth with the ladies, but I always thought he had enough other assets to make up for it. But his lack of height clearly hinders this additionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

His lack of height may hurt him with SOME chicks. But the reason he didn't have a GF for so long almost certainly has to do with his really bad approach/game.
Talking about city-planning with a chick at a club?
Are you kidding me?

If he really is good looking and is 5-7 (not 5-2 or something which is MUCH tougher imo) then blaming his height is silly.
Sounds like he was taking 3 steps backwards every time he opened his mouth.

There's a lot to be said for confidence and being, at least, remotely funny.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:56 PM

guys - PUAs are irrelevant to the issue at hand

more dids, less style plz
Old 04-11-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guys - PUAs are irrelevant to the issue at hand

more dids, less style plz

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, despite being a serial derailer, I won't participate in anymore derailing of my own thread.

Maybe we should hear from some more midgets/freakishly tall people on this topic?
Old 04-11-2007, 05:59 PM

I had a buddy in college who was 5'7" on a good day. He got major poon. He claimed to have big dick was super confident.

Also, I know for a fact that when women fill out their "ideal man" profile on the internets dating sites, they will settle for far, far less! Don't believe the BS they spew at you. In fact, if you're not looking for a long term relationship, these spec sheet women are great. You can bang them for a few weeks/months and then the break-up is no hassle as they become "disenchanted" when you don't live up to their fairy tale fantasy.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:00 PM

Also - I briefly dated a girl who is 6'3".
It was weird.

I've also had a a few GF's in the 5'7" range who were pretty noticeably taller than me when they wore heels.

One girl I briefly went out with who was about 5'9" actually seemed to like it for some reason. After I was bored with her and stopped calling I spotted her a couple weeks later with another guy who was even shorter than me. Probably 5'3" or 5'4" or so.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I know for a fact that when women fill out their "ideal man" profile on the internets dating sites, they will settle for far, far less!

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha Boris is awesome [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm not sure what's going on in this thread anymore.

I think all OTB is trying to say, btw, is that on average, a shorter guy has more to overcome than a taller guy, all things being equal.

People are coming in here throwing random outliers or tales of PUA success obfuscating the simple fact, that life is unfair and women do prefer taller guys. Hence, there is an edge.

I guess because height is not controllable people get kind of worked up about it (at least shorter guys do).

-Al
Old 04-11-2007, 06:11 PM

"I think all OTB is trying to say, btw, is that on average, a shorter guy has more to overcome than a taller guy, all things being equal."

Was this ever really in debate though?

We should focus on important issues like

"is previously being fat a turnoff or a turn on?"

"is 'I moderate the News, Views and Gossip' forum a good line"

"will your Mom touch my penis"