Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Don Imus vs. Black America?

I honestly dont know anything about his past, and whether that diatribe you posted earlier is true or not, I will have to research how much bias and BS there is in it, if there is any. you mis-read what I said though or are purposely twisting the words for your own agenda, Im guessing since you lean left it is the latter, Ive never heard Hannity say anything about a group of people as a whole race, ie he picks on illegals, not all mexicans, he picks on black leaders who sometimes casue more racial tension then help, not all blacks. I personalyl think hannity is somewhat of a patsy for the right, but from a purely economical standpoint, there is no way (even if he is an outright racist) that he would ever say anythign too far out there due to the uproar and backlash, and ratings drops he would receive. if everything you posted earlier is 100% true, and there is no bias, and hannity doesnt denounce the guy, I think he is a hypocrite not a racist, if he outright supports the guy, I think it is right he be labled a racist.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I now realize I should have never even acknowledged your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

First you call me a "tool," then this? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Some of you open-minded liberals may want to work on your open-mindedness just a little bit. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

define liberal.
open-minded yes.
I shouldn't have called you a tool...just the troll part which I think u even acknowledge was true...thus the i should have ignored yr post.

Just because a person says certain things, black jokes, uses the N word etc, doesn't make them a bigot or racist.

If it were not for Sean Hannity's history and associations I might grant u the idea that maybe he is just simply going after those minorities time and time again etc because it makes for good tv, builds an audience, etc etc

but given Hannity's back history...the man he calls his mentor, the people he calls his friends, not willing to denounce their racist and hate filled views, his radio show, talking about race 24/7 with an almost always negative tone towards minorities, his tv show, his books etc etc...you can not simply dismiss it because there isn't a quote of him saying.."those are some nappy headed ho's"
Old 04-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: It will come down to $.

Can I hijack this thread to discuss how worthless a human being Al Sharpton is? He is simply this huge lovable loser. He clamps onto complete nonsense like this all the time. Without, Tawana Brawley he will just be remembered as a cast member in some lame movies.

fyc
Old 04-10-2007, 05:57 PM

Used to watch Imus in the morning on MSNBC before I would go to sleep during summer. I am not a hardcore listener at all.

My thoughts:

His heavy drug use has clouded his judgment.
He is never afraid to voice opinion/thought

The combo of these two is dangerous.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly dont know anything about his past, and whether that diatribe you posted earlier is true or not, I will have to research how much bias and BS there is in it, if there is any. you mis-read what I said though or are purposely twisting the words for your own agenda, Im guessing since you lean left it is the latter, Ive never heard Hannity say anything about a group of people as a whole race, ie he picks on illegals, not all mexicans, he picks on black leaders who sometimes casue more racial tension then help, not all blacks. I personalyl think hannity is somewhat of a patsy for the right, but from a purely economical standpoint, there is no way (even if he is an outright racist) that he would ever say anythign too far out there due to the uproar and backlash, and ratings drops he would receive. if everything you posted earlier is 100% true, and there is no bias, and hannity doesnt denounce the guy, I think he is a hypocrite not a racist, if he outright supports the guy, I think it is right he be labled a racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can see your point to a degree..but then again how can one go after ALL the mexicans or all the black people? If one routinly attacks or goes a soecific side...say always taking the cops side/pov cuz the black people were obv being shot at for a reason etc...it seems to me that he's not going after individuals but he has a side he has chosen for a given reason and he's sticking to it.

In terms of scaryness/being a wackjob I'd say Hannity is >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>O'reill y
simply based on the people he looks up to, was friends with, and associates with, and chooses not to call out.

i don't have much of a problem with O'reilly though like a Keith Oberman he does have his obvious bias etc. He seems to in love with his ego to have time for being overtly racist etc
Old 04-10-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I will have to research how much bias and BS there is in it, if there is any...Ive never heard Hannity say anything about a group of people as a whole race...

[/ QUOTE ]

Consider doing some research on Hannity as well:

[ QUOTE ]
From the January 16 edition of ABC Radio Networks' The Sean Hannity Show:

COULTER: ...it further confirms my point that Democrats are racist, and they're just stunned to find a black man who can walk and talk. And, you know, not being a racist, I'm not really that impressed with a black man who can walk and talk. I knew that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you imagine Sean would contradict his good friend on this?

Or this: Sean questions Obama's afro-centrism

[ QUOTE ]
Hannity selectively excerpted interview with Obama's pastor in order to paint him as "separatist"
On the March 20 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Fox News host Sean Hannity repeated allegations that Trinity Church of Christ -- of which Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) is a member -- is "separatist." Specifically, Hannity claimed that he "discovered" via the church's website "that the pastor of the church has very Afro-centric and separatist views."

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, if you don't understand how this is racism, you should consider doing some research on that as well. Consider, would Sean be "concerned" if Giuliani belonged to an organization that promoted Italian values? Would he paint it as "separatist" and "italo-centric"? If not, why not?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I hijack this thread to discuss how worthless a human being Al Sharpton is? He is simply this huge lovable loser. He clamps onto complete nonsense like this all the time. Without, Tawana Brawley he will just be remembered as a cast member in some lame movies.

fyc

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesse Jackson + Al Sharpton...thank god I'm white.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
22/32 NFL head coaches were never in the NFL as a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

i stand corrected - i should have researched that a bit before i started making claims. i stand by my original assertion that blacks are underrepresented in the coaching ranks, though.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So does Jeffrey Dahmer + Adolf Hitler = thank God I'm not white? So interesting that people see a "Black America" has some homogenous group with "leaders", but of course there is no "White America" because white people are all so unique and different.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So does Jeffrey Dahmer + Adolf Hitler = thank God I'm not white? So interesting that people see a "Black America" has some homogenous group with "leaders", but of course there is no "White America" because white people are all so unique and different.

[/ QUOTE ]

White America has movie celebrities apparantly as its leaders.
Closed Thread