Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Biggest consumable flop

[ QUOTE ]
I dont really dont read

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't say...

I remember neogeo back in the day being all expensive to hell. Don't know if that's a flop, but only one of my friends had it, and I don't recall any good games for it.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all you've made of yourself is being a guy aruging on a message board?

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont really dont read too much a OOT anymore, but when I did, I remember liking your posts, not so much for the content but for the tone.

As far as your post, you really think you should be throwing stones?

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright, alright, guys. Let's stop getting excited over varying definitions of "flop" and get back to New Coke.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:51 AM

Gili.

oh yeah products only, i forgot.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a few years back Jack in the Box tried a couple of concept restaurants called JBX. basically they just classed up a Jack in the Box with a similar menu, but fancier ingredients. like if you ordered a burger you'd get a full kaiser roll and nice thick beef patty. the decour of the places was pretty nice too - one had a fireplace. I really enjoyed my experience the one time I went. anyway, they're gone now.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a test, not a real rollout of anything new. But, I'm guessing it's a test that failed since they haven't done anything with the idea.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But I have to consider the Segway. I remember reading news articles on how we'd be re-designing cities and entire communities would pop up to support this new revolutionary new gadget/transportation mode. News on it was everywhere at the time. Personally, I think the invention was pretty ingenious and Dean Kamen is a genius of our age. But given all the hype, this thing was a huge flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Segway will become increasingly important/popular as time goes on.

[/ QUOTE ]

After we colonize the moon?
Old 04-06-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a few years back Jack in the Box tried a couple of concept restaurants called JBX. basically they just classed up a Jack in the Box with a similar menu, but fancier ingredients. like if you ordered a burger you'd get a full kaiser roll and nice thick beef patty. the decour of the places was pretty nice too - one had a fireplace. I really enjoyed my experience the one time I went. anyway, they're gone now.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a test, not a real rollout of anything new. But, I'm guessing it's a test that failed since they haven't done anything with the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is/was this supposed to be like some of the McDonald's restaurants that they've turned into almost more of an espresso shop with all kinds of semi-plush furniture and "fancy" decorations/furniture? Like the one off of Del Mar Heights Road, for those in San Diego.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is/was this supposed to be like some of the McDonald's restaurants that they've turned into almost more of an espresso shop with all kinds of semi-plush furniture and "fancy" decorations/furniture? Like the one off of Del Mar Heights Road, for those in San Diego.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was the one I heard of. It may have been the only one. I never made my way down there, but I definitely heard about it when I was working on advertising for Taco Bell.

Actually, reading Wikipedia, they were called JBX Grill and there were 2 in San Diego, 1 in Bakersfield, and 2 in Idaho. They only lasted for 2 years before they gave up on the idea. Apparently the one in Hillcrest still has lots of the JBX Grill look. I'll have to check it out.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember neogeo back in the day being all expensive to hell. Don't know if that's a flop, but only one of my friends had it, and I don't recall any good games for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Neo Geo home system could probably be seen as a flop. Just too expensive. However, they've had much success with the arcade versions. You will still find a Neo Geo arcade system at a lot of places.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really intrigued by all this talk of hot side/cold side

[/ QUOTE ]

Great McDLT commercial f/ Jason Alexander. What an enthusiastic young man.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:37 PM

New Coke gets the win. But anyone ever heard of Time's
TV-Cable Week? I thought not....