View Poll Results: Samsung 204B or Dell 2007WFP
Dell 2007WFP 5 35.71%
Samsung 204B 9 64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL microbrew thread:April**

[ QUOTE ]
When you limp after limpers, if you raise with 66/55 ... how many will fold ?

[/ QUOTE ]

HU I raise, 2limpers I often limp along, but depends on limpers and IP players yet to act - howm uch they fold to PFR+cbet when I miss and their stacking ability when hit sets.

I've considerd whether it's EV even if we PFR say 33 and it gets 4way -that's a mulitway pot with a thermonuclear hand potential and stackage even if we check-fold every time we miss. I suspect so.

Back back again like the renegade master eh Gelford?

I've been in semi-exile for a few days - running bad and playing worse and needing a break from teh pokah/2p2 somewhat.

March:

Managed to play alot for me [resizable tables yo], played o.k [to the 1st peak] then sucked and ran bad then played bad and still not out of my FT swingament:

400+bonus+RB ~ 1k incl other sites for worst [censored] month ever.

@ moment I'm playing some PTY and dropped my blind stealing and PFr has dropped some 3% as weak loose blinds just don't fold.

Coming from FT/crypto - I'm finding [@ Nl50] cbetting less and raising less[both on the flop and draws] and becoming a real NIT - I hope I can get my PTY roll up so I can shoot for some NL100 where they respect my raises [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

What adjustments do you [and xanta and other NL50 PTY players] recommend?

I intend to play FT[not NL100 yet it's way harder than lst time and I'm being doodoo @ NL50] and PTY as I like both but FT just isn't giving me any sweet loving (-100 already 1st session) but today gave me some hope:

dip is AQs vs KK riverage [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Here's to a good April where I play well, post some [censored] hands [PT db probs] and get better FTW - I'm relying on you uNL [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2007, 01:44 PM

just had the weirdest session.... 8 tabling 50NL as usual... however at one point I had 22 buy ins spread across the 8 tables... Most I was ever up was 5 buyins.. and at end of session donked them away and ended up down -3.5 buyins...

I've never had so many deep stacks at the same time and I played horribly... Still trying to figure out how I had $1200 across 8 tables and only up $250 at the peak??
Old 04-02-2007, 01:50 PM

LOL I love it when that happens
Old 04-02-2007, 01:52 PM

Thanks for the responses guys.

Before I say anything, I just want to mention that I'm not here for do all/end all advice. While some of the more experienced uNL'ers may have invaluable advice to offer, I believe even the most basic discourse between beginners can be beneficial in that it will get me to think critically about the game. My question was posed so that I could identify which discussions seem to have the most relevance to uNL play.

When I entered college, I got into the habit of reading lecutres/notes and spitting them out, verbatim, when it came time to be tested. However, in my junior year I was in my mandatory polisci thesis class, and our professor taught us to question each journal entry he made us read. I realized that this was probably the best lesson I'd received in college, as I realized how much can be gained through a critical analysis of someone else's writing or thoughts.

Anyway yeah that's my rant, can't wait to start discussing hands/theory/bs with you guys.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:53 PM

Fidodell I always see you with big stacks and think oh he must be doing really well AGAIN [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] today.
I think it's the big stack fallacy -happens to me though usually I have 2 big stacks and rebought twice on the other 2-4 tables.

Have you detected any changes in FT the past few weeks, since you play alot there?

Except [censored] delayed action LAG.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sup, in order to play those stats, you need awesome handreading skills and be able to make moves on people .... you cant at 25NL

For one thing your aggression sucks ... and secondly I'd tighten up your vpip to something like 18 untill you play higher stakes (and I prefer my pfr to be around 17 when playing a vpip of 18, but others settle for 14)

But that aside, your biggest problem is basically that you are raising too little and calling too much

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 04-02-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Back back again like the renegade master eh Gelford?

[/ QUOTE ]

Renegade .. hopefully

Master .. nah [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Adjustments ... tighten up if you want to, but don't lower your aggression.

And remember to 3bet ... that really is a must [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2007, 02:24 PM

i've read over 100 pages of this mammoth 168 page thread on the Westinghouse 37inch monitor today. wtf is wrong with me.

link
Old 04-02-2007, 02:30 PM

Dropped another 4 buy ins, so 10 in total. New record without tilting.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:35 PM

munkey, IMO there is absolutely no reason to play NL50 at FT when you have the option of playing on Party. Maybe I'm jaded by my FT downswing by the games are much much tougher there.

Full tilt didn't seem to have as many uberdonks as Party, so one adjustment that I've had to make which I really hadn't considered before is table selecting religiously. I know it's difficult when everyone's bad, but if you aren't at the table with one huge donk (like 50VPIP+) then leave and open up another one. The playerbase is big enough and bad enough that is should be pretty easy (The buddylist is an awesome tool for this too). I like to think that I've been the best player at the table for 80+% of my hands at Party, and there's no reason it shouldn't be higher.
Closed Thread