Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Why NL is killing limit.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Constantly betting 1/2 of your opponent's stack is the only true way to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
This one I love. What happens when he pushes - that does happen here and there in NL, you know. You can't just make huge bets and expect everyone to be afraid of you.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2. Constantly betting 1/2 of your opponent's stack is the only true way to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
This one I love. What happens when he pushes - that does happen here and there in NL, you know. You can't just make huge bets and expect everyone to be afraid of you.

[/ QUOTE ]
When he pushes, you have to look into the other player's eyes, and read his soul.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When he pushes, you have to look into the other player's eyes, and read his soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, my bad.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well played, cardcounter.

But I think you must also then berate your opponent for not respecting your raises.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well played, cardcounter.

But I think you must also then berate your opponent for not respecting your raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, you must also shed tears and/or collapse on a stage.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:19 PM

"How did you get the nuts by hitting your lucky draw whioch u didnt have to pay much to draw to LOL. Oh let me guess you caledd a couple of little bets to get your draw. COme to my No limit game and you got to pay for your draw buddy and its not some little 1 or 2 bets your use to im going to bet you 1/2 of your whole stack oh let me guess that wont be much either because your going to buy in for the minimum if you sit in my no limit game. LOL"

My question is this, what happens in the same situation you described above where your read was wrong and the player was not on a draw but in fact is way ahead of you?

I play mostly limit and sometimes NL. Call me what you want, but the problem i have in NL is i can play 99/100 correctly and then that 1/100 when i am wrong it costs me everything i won in the previous 99 hands. In limit, my one mistake does not cost me an entire sessions winnings and then some. I'm not advocating one is better then the other, just simply why i prefer one over the other. If you say that means i have no guts then thats your opinion i guess.

I won't argue that one game requires more skill than another but rather that the skills required to win at them are vastly different.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"How did you get the nuts by hitting your lucky draw whioch u didnt have to pay much to draw to LOL. Oh let me guess you caledd a couple of little bets to get your draw. COme to my No limit game and you got to pay for your draw buddy and its not some little 1 or 2 bets your use to im going to bet you 1/2 of your whole stack oh let me guess that wont be much either because your going to buy in for the minimum if you sit in my no limit game. LOL"

My question is this, what happens in the same situation you described above where your read was wrong and the player was not on a draw but in fact is way ahead of you?

I play mostly limit and sometimes NL. Call me what you want, but the problem i have in NL is i can play 99/100 correctly and then that 1/100 when i am wrong it costs me everything i won in the previous 99 hands. In limit, my one mistake does not cost me an entire sessions winnings and then some. I'm not advocating one is better then the other, just simply why i prefer one over the other. If you say that means i have no guts then thats your opinion i guess.

I won't argue that one game requires more skill than another but rather that the skills required to win at them are vastly different.

[/ QUOTE ][censored]. You have no guts. I read it on the intrawebs.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:25 PM

No limit holdem is way to complex for you Limit players to understand even daving sklansky will agree that no limit holdem is so much more complex then limit holdem. Thats all David kept talking about in his book NLHTAP is about how complex the game is and how he couldent give you a guarantee That he can help you become a instant winner like he could with Limt holdem.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No limit holdem is way to complex for you Limit players to understand even daving sklansky will agree that no limit holdem is so much more complex then limit holdem. Thats all David kept talking about in his book NLHTAP is about how complex the game is and how he couldent give you a guarantee That he can help you become a instant winner like he could with Limt holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]
No Limit is simple, all you need is guts. Guts, and bet them 1/2 their stack so they can't chase their draw.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:37 PM

Stop being sarcastic cardcounter thats not very nice.