Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: The Well: Kilillan

[ QUOTE ]
Fav Beatles album?
Arcade Fire yay or nay?
What do you think of the movie Lost in Translation? Watching that movie just makes me want to go live in a hotel in Tokyo and never sleep and just hang out with Scarlett all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Revolver ftw.

I think lost in translation was a beautiful film and one of the reasons I did come to tokyo. In the movie the two characters basically escaped into a dreamworld and eventually had to return to their normal lives.
I think I could relate to it because of that.

And that movie was shot all on location in various parts of tokyo, all of which I've been to. Where their hotel is is very close to my new school.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you want a photo from my private collection?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends how naked you are
Old 04-02-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kililan,

If I enjoy taking a strong pain pill from time to time (strong like vics or percs) what do you think the chances are that I'll get hooked? I really enjoy the feeling (obviously) but it's something that I do maybe once a month, if that. But god damn, they are not harmful (in moderation) and the feeling is quite lovely. Is this a slippery slope or something that can be used sporadically without interfering with my life, assuming I'm in control.

[/ QUOTE ]

If ever I made a sincere, heart-felt post, this would be it.

I know a lot of people who have done a lot of drugs. I have never seen any drug bring someone to their knees with addiction as prescription pain-killers. I don't think there are any safe amounts to take recreationally.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^ Very strongly agreed.

Kill, you get into the whole drug culture thing too, or was it more of a personal thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Drug culture? Not really no. I went to a lot of concerts when I was younger but still more of a personal thing.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Post an interesting hand, and run through your thought processes as you were playing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to but my other database isn't on this computer and this database is me playing like [censored] for two months straight.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:03 PM

1. Do you watch much TV in Japan? I started watching many of the dramas from there a couple of years ago.
2. What are some of your favorite foods there? Is omurice as good as it looks in the dramas I've watched?
3. When playing a LAGGY player (~40/20), what would be at the low end of your pre-flop 3-betting range (in position)? Specifically, I'm wondering if you'd prefer to 3-bet 87s or something like Q9s more, because 87s is a nice hand to simply call with in position and it would be ashame for him to 4-bet you off this hand.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Do you watch much TV in Japan? I started watching many of the dramas from there a couple of years ago.
2. What are some of your favorite foods there? Is omurice as good as it looks in the dramas I've watched?
3. When playing a LAGGY player (~40/20), what would be at the low end of your pre-flop 3-betting range (in position)? Specifically, I'm wondering if you'd prefer to 3-bet 87s or something like Q9s more, because 87s is a nice hand to simply call with in position and it would be ashame for him to 4-bet you off this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I don't watch much tv. I basically do what I do in america, download the tv shows I want to watch

Most tv here is pretty freaking whacky and some of it is downright boring. Their version of who wants to be a millionaire is so much more awesome though.

Favorite foods here? Probably ramen and noodles are delicious. So is takoyaki, a octopus dish thing. Also their crepe's here are aweesome.

When playing a laggy player I'm more willing to play big cards faster because more likelyhood it's going to showdown.
I'm also willing to call in position with suited connectors but play them slower, your implied odds are actually worse with a super LAG.

So yeah prob QKo+ I 3-bet and take a flop with mucho other hands
Old 04-02-2007, 01:50 PM

Id like to thank you for doing this, we all appreciate it. I have a few questions.

1) Do you think it is neccesary to play very tight PF?

2) Is bluffing in ssnl often used to much? We all try to strive to find the optimal bluffing frequency, but I think ssnl players bluff to frequently and in the wrong spots. Agree?

3) If there is one tip you could give me to succeed in making profit playing ssnl what would it be?

Thanks once again.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id like to thank you for doing this, we all appreciate it. I have a few questions.

1) Do you think it is neccesary to play very tight PF?

2) Is bluffing in ssnl often used to much? We all try to strive to find the optimal bluffing frequency, but I think ssnl players bluff to frequently and in the wrong spots. Agree?

3) If there is one tip you could give me to succeed in making profit playing ssnl what would it be?

Thanks once again.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) It depends largely on the game. My average game is around 23/19 6-max
which I think is optimum for most games.

very loose games you play tight. very tight games you play loose.

However, you should be playing tight way more than you're playing loose. It's almost never incorrect to play tight, but you'll spew like a volacano if you play too loose in the wrong times.

2) Bluffing in SSNL is often used but not by TAGS. Fish often bluff too much and tags often bluff too little. As such, tags tend not to call large bets with mediocre hands so it makes it incorrect to bluff tags and don't bluff fish.

3) If you hit a bad run play less tables and move down a level.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you want a photo from my private collection?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends how naked you are

[/ QUOTE ]

How naked do you want me to be?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:18 PM

thank you very much i really appreciate it, I have a couple more questions if you dont mind.

This was a question I posted but did not recieve the responses I was hoping for. Do you think you could help me out with this?

This the post i posted in the well. I was wondering if you guys could give me some quality insight/feeback. I honestly know the correct thing to do but sometimes i just cant seem to dig deep enough to do it. I know its -EV to call with a 86s on the bb for hte most part but I find myself doing so anyways. Maybe I should just take a break and just studay and get my game sorted out. Well here my well post. Please dont flame be guys im just being honest and looking to improve my game. All help is greatly appreciated.

Hey bud, I'd like to thank you again for doing this we all appreciate it.

"I've been playing poker for a year now, and have been a losing player thus far but I have come a long way and have really improved my game. I have to say though I bluff way to much, and sometimes i just find myself playing to many hands pf when I know I shouldn't and I tilt really bad. Sometiems I wish I hadn't developed these bad habbits because they just cause me to lose and drop buy ins. I wish I could just start over and know nothing about poker and build good habbits. What do you suggest I do to improve my game. I know this is very vauge, and sorry to bore you with it I hope i dont get flamed. I appreciate your help bro!"