Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: 100 - 200NL Downswing

[ QUOTE ]
Can those people who have stated that losing 5 BIs in a day or week is unthinkable please add how many hands they play on average in that timeframe?
There are times when I lose 5 BIs in ONE HOUR. It's not that hard when you have play 6+ tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah five buyins a week isn't bad, but in a session of like 2000-4000 hands, I think it sux :S.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:31 PM

I have lost 7BI in a 600 hand period or so. And I can proudly say that only 1BI was from tilt (I 5-bet pushed PF into Jay with AJo). I was just getting slaughtered, but I played really well and was just getting sickly unlucky. I did come back to have a winning day which was nice [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. The thing is that downswings happen to everyone and what separates the good players from the great players is how they handle the downswings. The thing is that you got to keep your emotions under control and not tilt. I think I have pretty good self-control and rarely tilt. (Note- I am not saying I am a great play [I am far from it], I am just that having good tilt control can help your game a lot).
Old 03-27-2007, 10:47 PM

what saves me from my downswings is people who constantly stack off to me with air, that takes a big dent out of the BIs i lose from coolers/suckouts.