Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Little things that annoy you in sports

"Great play" stickers on college football helmets, especially when a third of the team have 20 or more.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:15 AM

"I wanna thank GOD for the win tonight...."

That [censored] drives me insane
Old 03-23-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Great play" stickers on college football helmets, especially when a third of the team have 20 or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great one. I hate everytime I see them.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I wanna thank GOD for the win tonight...."

That [censored] drives me insane

[/ QUOTE ]

This gets said at 1 out of every 3 high school events I cover. One kid I interviewed (who won a state title in track), I asked five questions and EVERY SINGLE ANSWER was nothing but "All the glory to God, I did it for Him, He showed me the way ..." It was maddening.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:02 AM

Really, I can't stand the God thing either. Do they really think that God cares who wins a sporting event? If God exists don't you think there would be more important things to him than if you can run faster than the guy from the other school?
Old 03-23-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You either were on a football team that didn't hand them out or didn't get them. Come on, when they hand them out in the locker room on the Friday before the game its the most pumped up the players get all week. It's definitely the highlight of practice week in and week out. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] stickers. If you could sit in on the last film session of the week you'd understand their importance.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You either were on a football team that didn't hand them out or didn't get them. Come on, when they hand them out in the locker room on the Friday before the game its the most pumped up the players get all week. It's definitely the highlight of practice week in and week out. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] stickers. If you could sit in on the last film session of the week you'd understand their importance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stickers are a nice thing to do for little kids in Pop Warner, but they're pretty silly for big-time college football.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really, I can't stand the God thing either. Do they really think that God cares who wins a sporting event? If God exists don't you think there would be more important things to him than if you can run faster than the guy from the other school?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you guys have the same understanding of God that these guys do. Not that theirs is better or worse, but different. I'm not saying it's not annoying, but it's not like that. Let's just leave it at that, though, since I don't really care to get into drawn-out discussions about God on the internet.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
New York football Giants. There hasn't been a NY baseball Giants for almost 50 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only person who says that is Chris Berman, and he says it as a joke. (i.e., it's the same as Kenny Mayne using the term "tackle football," as if they'd be covering two-hand touch foundball.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats one of the reasons Berman is annoying...the other is the bicbicbicbcibcibcibcibcibcibc goooone at the hr derby on EVERY F#ckING homerun. He annoys the piss outta me.
Lets not forget his STOOOOPID nicknames the worst one being Frank "Doubting" Thomas...FT is the BIG HURT

Other observations

Players who thank god for the win..like he chose them over the other team

Soccer (dont sports require a score? too many 0-0 games)

Michelle Wie trying to play men when she hasnt even won a LPGA event yet.

CUB Fans

when refs kneel down and put thier hand on the football while its being measured. (is gravity gonna stop and the ball float away.?) stand next to it...put your foot on it if its really windy...you look like morons.

Players who dont smile for the pics on TV...yeah we know youre hard...but youre a millionaire, crack a little smile toughguy.

Dan Dierdorfs lisp...not too make fun of him, but why give a broadcasting job to a guy with a speech impediment.

Cubs radio legend Ron Santo who says uhhhhhhhhh in between almost every uhhhhhhh two uhhhhhhhhhh words.

Umpires making up thier own strikezones. Call the High Strike and bring the corners back to the plate.

the Lame beau leap

Andrea Kramer blinking 79 times in a 15 second bit on the sideline.

I cant see thru Natalie Gulbis's clothes.

These are the things that annoy me.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:31 AM

The inbred idiot Nascar commentators that call it a start finish line. Call it the starting line at the beginning of the race and the finish line at the end of the race.

saying things like "Jeff Gordon in the 24 car" we all know hes in a car. Just call it the 24.