Spinach
Tomatoes
Blue Cheese
Broccoli
Squash
Tea
Coffee
Whiskey

Those are some of a number of things that I did not like to eat/drink when I was younger. Some of these things I started to like in college, others much later.

I can give suggestions to anyone interested in giving those things a shot.

Every now and then, I'll try some things that I haven't liked in the past. Sometimes I still feel the same way. Other times I find myself enjoying stuff that I haven't tried in many years. Sometimes it's just a matter of time and changing tastes. Other times it's a new preparation or fresher or higher quality variety of something I've had before.

I feel like being able to eat and enjoy as wide an array of things as possible lets me take full advantage of different eating/drinking options I'm presented with. Being able to eat and enjoy the speciality of the house or region is great. So I'm trying to branch out and attack some of the last remaining things that I'm not a big fan of.

Shellfish is a big category. I don't really like the texture and often the flavor doesn't blow me away.

Oysters - I've given them a couple of chances. I don't really get it. Sorta slimy and not much taste besides saltiness. What should I try?

Lobster - I used to dislike it, but have gotten over that. I still don't get blown away by lobster. I'm gonna try lobster at the next really nice place I go to. How about trying this at a steak place? Is surf and turf at a nice steakhouse generally a really good version of lobster? Or should I go with a seafood place to get a really great lobster experience? How about the type of place? Do I need to go to a really expensive place to get a really tasty lobster?

Crab - Similar feelings to lobster. I have had crab meat in various stuff and it's fine, I just don't love it as much as others. Also seems like a lot of effort when you're working with whole crabs. I think I'm gonna try the classic San Francisco vietnamese garlic crab. Also during Dungeness crab season, tons of nice restaurants feature it, so I'll give that a try too. Any other crab stuff I should try?

Shrimp - Occassionally I'll have some shrimp in a spring roll, or in dim sum, or the sweet shrimp at a sushi place. I'm still not really into it, but don't totally hate it like I did.

Mussels - Have had like two and was not into it. A few french bistros around here have mussels/frites that people rave over. Not that expensive either. Maybe I'll give that a choice. Some of these places have various options of mussel preparation I guess w/ different sauces - any recommendations?

Clams - I guess I'm ok w/ clam chowder. Hmmm... Not even sure where you eat clams otherwise.

Cajun food is another category I'm not very into. Gumbo, jambalaya, all that sort of stuff, not really into it. Crawfish/crayfish, that grosses me out.

Pickles - I don't like dill pickles. But I do like bread and butter pickles a lot. And various other pickled foods. Maybe I'll give traditional dill pickles another shot.

Tomato juice - yuck!

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there's more.

I'm hoping that other folks will post in this thread with things they don't like but are interested in giving another chance, so those of us who have gotten to like those things can give you some recommendations on what to try.