Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do Pokerstars Flops Scare the shit out of you?
Yes, RIGGED 14 33.33%
No, OP is a donk 28 66.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: The Phil Gordon-Erick Lindgren Incident on PAD

whats this episode's number?
Old 03-15-2007, 11:17 PM

I thought this was kinda funny:

"It makes you come off like a complete bafoon."
--Daniel Negreanu

Bafoon indeed.

For the record, I like Lindgren, Gordon, and Negreanu.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF is that speech Gordon gave at the start of the show? Already the table didn't seem to like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just started watching on Tivo... It was one of those awkward "Um... okay... idiot" silences
Old 03-16-2007, 06:04 AM

I agree 100%...After I saw EL's cocky smirk I disliked him right away...I think he was trying to be tough with PG knowing that one of his buddies were there to back him up...He would always look to PI for approval n [censored]...Both eating Doritos like effin life partners on a picnic...I really wish PG got up and smack EL...Did anyone notice the hand after PG got the walk? PG checked but it was 2-3 hard closed fisted knocks on the table...
Old 03-16-2007, 10:46 AM

Gordon's own criticism of Lingren says it all. "I don't gamble.' Ya...you also don't play poker very well, have terrible observational skills and quite frankly you're a douchebag. Maybe that's what Lingren was mad about, the fact that a douchebag was talking and making sounds at the table. The poker business explosion swept up a lot of crappy tallent along with the real players and Phil is certainly among the former. He should write another book in collaboration with Isabelle Mercier and show us all how to win big at no limit hold'em. They have to make a living somehow.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:09 PM

"Both eating Doritos like effin life partners on a picnic"

LOL Donkaments
Old 03-16-2007, 12:33 PM

My two cents..

Phil has some major insecurity issues that are projected in his very awkward demeanor when he's around those who have the kind of respect he covets.

He desperately wants to be cool. Sometimes you merely feel bad for him when he tries way too hard and other times you feel ashamed for him when he picks on the littlest dog to curry favor with the big dogs (when he thanked JT for not bringing the bracelet).

I do think EL was out of line though. PG was doing what the idiots at NBC asked him to do, make conversation. I just didn't see the malice EL did, not enough to warrant the animus he returned anyway.

The one who really comes off looking like a little menopausal be-atch in all this is Daniel Negreanu. What a punkass. I've never liked this guy because of the way he talks down to players at the table, now I like him a lot less.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:27 PM

I'd love to see DN, one time, say something like "Very nice hand, you outplayed me" instead downplaying the ability of others, even though he does it very subtly. Just once.

I smiled when he had a tantrum in HSP2 and banged the table with both hands like a spoiled brat whose dad wouldn't buy him icecream. I forget the episode but someone came over top of him on the river.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:08 PM

YES YES I REMEMBER!!! It was when Gus turned quads over Daniel's full house and when the river came Gus move all his chips in...I do like DN, but this particular episode emulates that commercial (not sure if aired in the States) about helping friends that show gambling problems get help..The guy in the commercial yells and screams at the monitor "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!"...LOL if you've seen the commercial you'd understand...Basically it's the type of reaction that people do at home when playing online, where no one sees your temper...Back to PAD, these guys basically did the live version of what you read everyday in your online poker games chat box...

"Both eating Doritos like effin life partners on a picnic"
Old 03-16-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YES YES I REMEMBER!!! It was when Gus turned quads over Daniel's full house and when the river came Gus move all his chips in...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he was actually pretty good-natured about that beat.

The table-slamming hand was when Erick raised the river on him, which was another one of many hands in which Daniel flopped the nuts (or some kind of monster), only to have his opponent draw out on him. Which of course was terrible luck, and I don't have a problem with him slamming the table in a momentary display of frustration there, as much as I do with him paying off every single time it happened.

Overall, I think Daniel takes his bad beats relatively well.