Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Heroes 3/5

You seem to think that Peter can absorb powers simply by close contact, a more likely way is he can absorb powers if used in his presence - a bit like a radio picking up a radio stations frequency and remembering it (for the want of a better analogy). Basically if he hasnt had chance to experience the power he doesnt seem able to collect it.

Plus, as for the ending - there is no reason to believe Sylar cant kill Peter - effectively Peter can regenerate from death (remember the fall onto the car). And as for the blood, it seems that the healing power isnt instant - you often see claire have injuries for several seconds before there are healed.

The scar is almost certainly from this encounter - it makes so much logical sense and the writers approach has been fairly straightforward throughout.

Btw, good call whoever said it was Mother Petrelli who had stuff hidden and was behind Claires escape in previous threads.

Pop quiz, what power does Lindeman have?
a, telekinesis
b, regenerative abilities
c, passing through walls ability
d, none of the above
e, doesnt have a power

Gah, the return of Ando, at least it was slightly shocking but how pointless to write him out of an episode with the intention of his return two episodes later in a ludicrous and highly unrealistic scenario that he got a security uniform and was simply following Hiro around.

Mohinder isnt dead, merely pinned to a ceiling.

The black chick will be back in flashback format as her fathers involvement with the Company is revealed.

Jessica/Nikki gets a bad rap on here, the character is not that bad and has some good depth to run with.

Parkman - becomes an agent or becomes a (later escaped) labrat?

Bennet being caught is a likely catalyst for the recall of Hiros father who was part of the handover sequence of Claire in the firstplace.

As for this season concluding all the major plotlines, i just cant see it in 5 episodes with a garanteed second season. At best we will simply find out how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You seem to think that Peter can absorb powers simply by close contact, a more likely way is he can absorb powers if used in his presence

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to rewatch it, but, I don't think Claire was injured when Peter obtained her healing ability.

For that matter, I don't think Peter was ever present while Isaac was using his power. Was he?

What about a power that is "always on" like the super-hearing? The healing might also be "always on".
Old 03-07-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You seem to think that Peter can absorb powers simply by close contact, a more likely way is he can absorb powers if used in his presence

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to rewatch it, but, I don't think Claire was injured when Peter obtained her healing ability.

For that matter, I don't think Peter was ever present while Isaac was using his power. Was he?

What about a power that is "always on" like the super-hearing? The healing might also be "always on".

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, Claire was unharmed at Homecoming. Isaac was dying from heroin on the floor after painting, so he never saw him paint.

If Peter has gained all of Sylar's powers by being near him, Peter's borderline invincible. He has 8 powers already, if just being near someone gives him more, he's up to 14.

Peter can fly, heal, read minds, see the future, telekinitcs,copy powers, time stop, and go invisble. (8)

Sylar can see if someone is special, telekinesis, cryokinesis, photo memory (This may be why his memory of Claire was not erased by Haitain Sensation), he can liquify anything, and super hearing. (6)

6 weeks until new episodes though. Ugh.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:35 AM

I cant remember the episode where he saves claire so i dunno on that one either.

The time he takes over the painting for Isaac was when Isaac was trying to paint but couldnt do it sober - so in a sense his power would be on but he couldnt harness it correctly. As for his vision powers, there is no reason to think that came from Isaac - he was having the flying dream before he met Isaac. Although the dreams might be his subconscious trying to interpret the power he got from Nathan, i just dunno. Is his mother a psychic? Another character we didnt think of as having a power?

Also, in theory, if he can use powers of everyone he has come into contact with his list is litterally inclusive of every character except the Hatian, Nikki and her family and the shapeshifting girl we just got introduced to. And depending where next episode goes he has gotta meet Claire and the Hatian really soon.

I mean, the combo of:

Healing
Telekinesis
Invisibility
Flying
Persuation
Time/space transportation

Means that basically anything that could happen in any episode is rendered null because he could basically do absolutely anything. Add in a few bits and pieces, like meeting the black guy, being able to wipe memory, being telepathic - surely he renders the importance of the other Heroes to being background characters in the Peter show.

I think they need some kind of sub clause to his power to stop it decending into lunacy - like he can only use absorbed powers for so long, or he can only carry 5 or something.

Alternately the classic storyline of a the good guy sacrificing himself to stop the bad guy could easily end this season...
Old 03-07-2007, 01:56 AM

Did Peter meet Eden? I didn't think he did?

He also hasn't met Claire's mother.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's the Superman quandry... How many times over the years has Superman lost some/all of his powers (or otherwise had some restriction on his powers) so that his opponents don't have to all be hideously overpowered world-beaters? Justice League writers have had problems for decades making sure there's something meaningfull for Aquaman, Green Arrow, Batman (etc) to do while Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (etc) do the heavy lifting. If they can do it, sure the writers on Heroes can.

Compare Peter right now to The Martian Manhunter. J'onzz is arguably more powerfull (ignoring Hero's powers for the moment since Peter's never used them and would need at least some pracitice). (For non geeks, The Martian Manhunter = Superman + Telepathy + Invisibility + Shapechanging + Intangiability and unlike on Heroes, he's really, really good with all of those). Hmm, you know, they might actually be building the Martian Manhunter with Peter...

Heroes has already run into this problem with Hero and his "master of space and time" powers which is also massively over-powered. Resulting in the whole Hero's quest sub-plot to prevent him from overpowering the show - Hero got the Superman treatment right away, while Peter's had tonnes of problems with his powers right from the get-go too.

But these are going to eventually get tired. Sooner or later, Peter and Hero have to come into their abilities...

IMHO, if Peter's big weakness is that he can only use 1 power at a time and he has to consciously select them then there's plenty of room for the writers to maneuver. Particularly if they also throw in Peter needing to be aware of a power (so none of Sylar's powers that Peter hasn't seen used are available). Ultra-Boy is way, way, way less powerfull than Superboy or Mon-El despite having essentially the same power set. Only being able to use one at a time is a really big limit.

In addition, keep in mind that Peter is likely to be a jack of all trades, but master of none. This is going to be particularly telling with any powers that require any kind of practise/training... Telepathy, telekenisis, Hero's time powers, flying...

Also, Sylar is almost as powerfull as Peter. But there could well be some artificial limit on Peter's powers/day (etc) put in place to prevent him from self-destructing. But it may well all be moot if Peter dies, particularly in some heroic sacrifice...
Old 03-07-2007, 02:03 AM

Peter was invisible using telekinetic powers.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the tasers?

That's not clear.

We (the viewer) can see both Claude and Peter throughout the scene even though they are both invisible. We get an infra-red view of them from Bennet/The Haitian's POV. Then Claude gets hit and goes down. Then they try to shoot Peter. It's not clear whether or not he stays invisible since we never see him from Bennet/The Hatian's POV again.

Bennet and The Haitian both lower their goggles, however, and watch Peter fly away. Peter is definately visible when he flies away. Wouldn't he stay invisible if he could so it'd be harder for them to try and shoot him again?

Peter doesn't use any other powers besides invisibility while Isaac is shooting at him.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:13 AM

Cry, he did meet Eden before him and Mohinder went to see Isaac. Once Eden's power was revealed, some people said that's how Peter was able to have Mohinder leave on a subway to see a guy who could paint the future when he was very skeptical.

And after rewatching the previews over and over...wow. Watch it a few times and it's crazy.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cry, he did meet Eden before him and Mohinder went to see Isaac. Once Eden's power was revealed, some people said that's how Peter was able to have Mohinder leave on a subway to see a guy who could paint the future when he was very skeptical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, good point, Peter really should've just told Issac to chill...

Though when Claude threw Peter off the roof, Peter mentioned having to visualise/remember the person who's power he was using. So he probly wasn't using Eden's power at time and certainly suggests he needs to be aware of a power to use it. Maybe with Sylar's power of seeing how powers work, Peter would be able to use his abilities directly without having to go through the "interface" of his memories. That is, access the catalog directly instead of through the index because Peter would be able to see his own powers clearly.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against the artist dude.