Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the difference maker/star in Game 5?
Dirk N. 3 18.75%
Josh Howard 2 12.50%
Jason Terry 2 12.50%
Shaq 2 12.50%
Dwayne Wade 7 43.75%
a unknown(role player) 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: ***Girls Night Discussion Thread 2.28.2007***

[ QUOTE ]
Antonella isn't going anywhere anytime soon. She can bomb this next song and she will still get soooooooo many phone votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Antonella is just a female Sanjaya
Old 03-01-2007, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Antonella sounded *better* to me than last week but she is just not that good of a singer. She should drop that dress to the ground, that will bring in the votes...also the dress is weird to look at. She should've mentioned the BJ pics maybe as well, even though it wasn't her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if Antonella's breasts could sing... she'd have a chance. Hell, if they put a mic between her breasts and she slapped them together repeatedly,... the percussion sounds she could make would still be better then listening to her sing.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:03 AM

The tought decisions come once you've booted all the white girls.

If a black woman doesn't win idol this year then we can conclude once and for all that its NOT about talent.

The fact that Sanjaya and Antonella will probably both be on past this week is proof that a certain segment of America are mentally challenged.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The tought decisions come once you've booted all the white girls.

If a black woman doesn't win idol this year then we can conclude once and for all that its NOT about talent.

The fact that Sanjaya and Antonella will probably both be on past this week is proof that a certain segment of America are mentally challenged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blake could win on account of "talent" (as opposed to personality), but it may not be singing talent.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:06 AM

So what song did Lakisha sing - from the Paris Bennett comment I'm guessing Midnight Train to Georgia, right?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:01 AM

I have found that the public has only once went against who actually can sing the best. If this is the case, Lakisha Jones walks away with season 6 hands down. The only problem I see is that there hasnt been an overweight female make it very far in this competition. Song choices will be very important for her. My picking system is very simple. I picture lakisha singing the song that the others girls chose with her voice, and everytime I see her doing it better than them. Yes, Melinda is close, however, she just doesnt have that Wow factor I feel when Lakisha belts a note. The other girls in the group, forget them, they dont have a shot. Yes they are good, but just not good enough. Simon had it right the first week. "A whole other league" and "buy the other 23 contestants some plane tickets home" American Idol and the judges have to make this seem like a competition, but anyone who really has studied music knows Lakisha just has it. She even has the background with the opera and classical music voice training, and of course the baptist church soul. To me Chris Richardson is her only competition, I dont think weve heard the best performance from him yet, he is clearly the best singer in the boys with brandon a semi-close 2nd and the rest far behind. Blake the beat box is a sleeper, hes going to get a lot of the popular vote, but can it overcome the singing part of the competition. Taylor Hicks did it, can it be done again? Who knows
Old 03-01-2007, 07:04 AM

So is Lakisha much much better than Mandisa was?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:32 AM

In my opinion way better. Mandisa forced way too many vocals, and misses the little things. If you would compare the tapes, you would see that Lakisha is way smoother less forced. She just has it. I really think Mandisa had poor song choice, or had poor advice on song choice as the competition went on which brought out alot of flaws in her singing.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:36 AM

Mandisa was also fatter, too, right?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:51 AM

Not sure, I think that one is real close