Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Year of the busto

[ QUOTE ]
i'm thriving better than ever now, i play very well against good oppponents so maybe this is why and i am running thru donkaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not criticizing you specifically, simply this argument.

This is false, and always. If your opponents are actually good then they would beat you at your game. It's like a "tag" sitting in a very LAG game and getting run over. It seems like all the loose players are crazy and that the "good" player is losing, but he just sucks in that game. Good doesn't mean specific stats or whatever, it means winning. Also, one could argue that you are not "good" if you can't beat bad players. If you can't beat the bad players, then are they really bad?

Anyway, sucks to hear everyone is busto but things go in trends. People will quit, games will soften up, things will go back to a peak at some point, rinse, repeat. The only question is how high will the next peak be?

I am having an ok year but it's not as easy as it used to be.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for once, i feel good that i'm a huge pussy nit and never play a game unless i'm way overrolled

[/ QUOTE ]

word

[/ QUOTE ]

hearrrrd
Old 02-24-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have never been a high stakes player, but january was my best month ever, and feb. is my best month ever too

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's time to start playing real poker and buy in for at least 1/2 a full buyin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Augie, 2/4 NL full ring with like $100 is not even technically poker...
Old 02-24-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i play very well against good oppponents

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am running thru donkaments.

[/ QUOTE ]
"LOL"
Old 02-24-2007, 09:35 AM

for the record i am not busto

i am having a good year

i play very well against bad opponents

and i too run through donkaments

when i make the time to play
Old 02-24-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If, by "busto," you mean "used to play tons and tons of 50-100 up to 150/300 limit hold em, but then realized that my life was slipping away and I was miserable so I withdrew my entire stake, bought a big house in a beautiful neighborhood and started a business which is now thriving and much less stressful than full time poker," then, well, yeah...busto.

I don't miss it at all, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a house and invested the rest two years ago and haven't had a second thought. Been promoted two times at work and am very comfortable and enjoying management.

Go to B&M once in a while for a night out with the wife away from the kids - but other than that I am happily online busto.

Orange

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's funny...there was a time when if anyone offered me the chance to play poker for a living, I would have asked them if they were crazy and said OF COURSE I want to play poker for a living, duh.

Now, the prospect of going back to that life feels like it would be a trip to the gulag, complete with toting huge boulders across an icy, unforgiving plain.

You get the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea cause ur a donk
Old 02-24-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If, by "busto," you mean "used to play tons and tons of 50-100 up to 150/300 limit hold em, but then realized that my life was slipping away and I was miserable so I withdrew my entire stake, bought a big house in a beautiful neighborhood and started a business which is now thriving and much less stressful than full time poker," then, well, yeah...busto.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a house and invested the rest two years ago and haven't had a second thought. Been promoted two times at work and am very comfortable and enjoying management.

Go to B&M once in a while for a night out with the wife away from the kids - but other than that I am happily online busto.

Orange

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's funny...there was a time when if anyone offered me the chance to play poker for a living, I would have asked them if they were crazy and said OF COURSE I want to play poker for a living, duh.

Now, the prospect of going back to that life feels like it would be a trip to the gulag, complete with toting huge boulders across an icy, unforgiving plain.

You get the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea cause ur a donk

[/ QUOTE ]

"Yeah, you get the idea" because I'm a donk, or "Yeah, all of that stuff you said, Dave, because you're a donk?"

Not that I have anything at all ego-wise invested in this, but I'm just curious what it is that leads you to this conclusion.

By the way, you only used one proper word properly in your post, and it was "a."

"Cause," while a proper word, was obviously used incorrectly.

Have we played poker together somewhere?
Old 02-24-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Orange

[/ QUOTE ]

You get the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea cause ur a donk

[/ QUOTE ]

"Yeah, you get the idea" because I'm a donk, or "Yeah, all of that stuff you said, Dave, because you're a donk?"

Not that I have anything at all ego-wise invested in this, but I'm just curious what it is that leads you to this conclusion.

By the way, you only used one proper word properly in your post, and it was "a."

"Cause," while a proper word, was obviously used incorrectly.

Have we played poker together somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn you're quick on the draw. You sure you don't have some ego invested in this? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2007, 02:18 PM

David Benyamine sitting by himself now at Stars $200/400 instead of $500/1000 like normal... Him too??!?
Old 02-24-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David Benyamine sitting by himself now at Stars $200/400 instead of $500/1000 like normal... Him too??!?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's down something sick like 1.7million at NLHE this month prob hurts a little