Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Is Neteller still the best option for Canadians?

Can you withdraw whatever amount you want from Party onto a Visa card as long as you made a purchase? For example, if I make a minimum $50 deposit with the card, can I then start withdrawing thousands onto it? Thanks.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:39 PM

Can you do electronic transfers from your TD US$ account to ING accounts and such? I inquired about opening a CIBC USD account and they said you can only do in-branch transactions ($.75 each, no monthly fee) due to US regulations about anti-laundering and [censored]...
Old 03-12-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you do electronic transfers from your TD US$ account to ING accounts and such? I inquired about opening a CIBC USD account and they said you can only do in-branch transactions ($.75 each, no monthly fee) due to US regulations about anti-laundering and [censored]...

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you can. I have a TD US acct and an ING US acct and can transfer whatever amount I want between the accts. When you transfer from TD US to ING US, they place a hold on the money for awhile....maybe a week or so but the money is shown in your ING acct and you earn interest during that holding period.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you withdraw whatever amount you want from Party onto a Visa card as long as you made a purchase? For example, if I make a minimum $50 deposit with the card, can I then start withdrawing thousands onto it? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if there's a limit but it's likely that if you keep withdrawing large sums of money, Visa will investigate.

BTW, just so everyone knows, once the money is withdrawn into your Visa card, the only way to get it out is to ask for a cheque. They had mistakenly told me that you can transfer it to your US Borderless acct and I believe I told you guys here as well. Sorry....but at least you get a US cheque.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:20 PM

The last UB cheque I received was in US$ (I am Canadian and deposited with M/C) so You could probably go...deposit UB with Visa....cover play....withdraw US cheque....deposit to bank....pay Visa....rinse and repeat.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The last UB cheque I received was in US$ (I am Canadian and deposited with M/C) so You could probably go...deposit UB with Visa....cover play....withdraw US cheque....deposit to bank....pay Visa....rinse and repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

or you can see if UB will let u withdraw straight to Visa.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:57 PM

I just read in another forum that "Canadians can withdraw from NETeller by USD check now". Posted yesterday

Has anyone verified this?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone that has money still in Neteller should probably think of getting it out!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So everyone here is supposed to close their Neteller accounts at the recommendation of some guy w/ a blog? You'll have to excuse me while I LOL. Like it or not, Neteller is still the most convenient deposit/withdrawal method for non-US gamblers. And this particular Neteller customer has experienced no delays whatsoever.

As for other people experiencing delays with receiving payment, this is annoying but consistent with the latest release from Neteller. I will continue to use Neteller because before the US Gov started [censored] with their [censored] they were by far the best payment processor. I want Neteller to survive this mess because I don't want to have to resort to one of the incompetent, second rate payment processors that have popped up lately.

The rally cry to abandon Neteller is foolish. Neteller wants to pay Americans. Americans will receive their money as soon as their government sees fit to release the money. And with any luck it will be business as usual for those of us still fortunate to have Neteller as an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've alwys been firmly in this camp, I'm still mostly there. Just the same, I think we'd be foolish to not believe there's some amount of risk. 0.0001%? 1%? 10%? More? I'm not sure, but I am a little more cautious with the amount I keep there now. If I end up with extra money in there with no reloads upcoming, I'll try and deposit much of it somewhere that it's easy to get out of again quickly...Paradise, Party, PStars, etc. I'm also going to start looking into other options...it couldn't hurt to have a second ewallet set up, even if I don't use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed
Old 03-26-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The following is from the latest Neteller statement:

[ QUOTE ]
Can I still transfer with NETELLER if my registered bank account is in USD?

Unfortunately, NETELLER can no longer guarantee transactions with USD bank accounts. If you are from Canada, we recommend you register a CAD bank account so you can continue to perform instaCASH and EFT transfers. If you are from Europe, we recommend you register a CAD, EUR or GBP bank account so you can continue to withdraw funds to your bank account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had good success with a transfer from my Neteller US dollar account to my Canadian funds bank account as recently as last week. Any reason to change if things are still working? Anyone else changing. I hate the exchange rate costs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diddo, but can't think of a better way to do things.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:20 AM

Everyone should read the inappropriately titled "Neteller Rumour" thread. Neteller is closed for Canadians effective April 9th ... so I believe the answer to this question is now "No".