Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Forum discussion, thread suggestion, and random comment thread

This would seem like the place for 2+2 Dragons Den.

Dragons Den is a program on BBC2. There are 6 dragons, ie, self made multi-millionaires and people come in and pitch their business ideas to them. The dragons then critique, slate and put down the pitch or sometimes they offer money in return for equity in the business.

The pitches range from people who only have an idea on paper to businesses that have 200k+ turn over but need some cash+dragons involvement to take things to the next stage.

Given the spare cash floating around the 2+2 orbit, why not have a thread where posters pitch their business, state the amount they want and how much equity they will surrender for it.

We can then critique there pitches and if at any point cash does change hands then the chances of an interesting train wreck are increased exponentially.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:31 PM

You had me at Dragons but lost me when their millions weren't from killing dwarves and taking their hoardes.

"Have you ever thought about the unconventional route?

Side work/job at home involving food + internets = profit and freedom"

Like what, somehow getting paid for my blog?

I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough to do something like that. I'm still a pretty amature cook and make a lot of noobish mistakes. My stuff looks good because 1- I'm doing stuff I know I can hack and is easy 2- I've got a very skilled friend helping me learn how to make the most of my camera.

I like that cooking right now is just a hobby, I don't know if I need or want it to be something I do for a profit.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You had me at Dragons but lost me when their millions weren't from killing dwarves and taking their hoardes.

"Have you ever thought about the unconventional route?

Side work/job at home involving food + internets = profit and freedom"

Like what, somehow getting paid for my blog?

I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough to do something like that. I'm still a pretty amature cook and make a lot of noobish mistakes. My stuff looks good because 1- I'm doing stuff I know I can hack and is easy 2- I've got a very skilled friend helping me learn how to make the most of my camera.

I like that cooking right now is just a hobby, I don't know if I need or want it to be something I do for a profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking rubs, sauces, stuff you can make and bottle and ship at/from home.

Dids' xxxxx has a good ring to it.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:19 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

one vote for hot sticky dids' sauce.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:33 AM

I got this idea based on Alobar's excellent idea of living Sunday like it was the last day of his life (thanks).

Recently, a test came to light which will help breast cancer patients find out what their risk is for the cancer recurring. Supposedly, it is very reliable.

Breast Cancer Recurrence

It is too late for me to find out my risk. The tumor was sliced, diced and thrown out in biohazard almost two years ago.

But would I have chosen the crystal ball, or would I have not wanted to know?

I think this would be a great topic (even if only for me, lol).

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2007, 10:52 AM

thread idea. in viewing the old albums everyone must own, i thought about must have albums by genre once a week, like the city threads. punk, psych, folk, prog rock, r&b/soul, hip hop.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:22 AM

Seattle: Your favorite things to do or places to go
Old 03-07-2007, 05:21 PM

I think a Led Zeppelin thread would be neat. Many people here (myself included) have never known a world without Led Zeppelin and often think of them as the rock establishment. What they don't realize is that they were very experimental and underground when they came out. Sure, they sold plenty of albums through word-of-mouth and hype, but until Stairway to Heaven came out, they were never heard on the radio.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:17 PM

was thinking abt making thread abt JOOST from makers of [censored] however only internet option currently is Wii.

anyways after reading a short article about it in a magazine (either us news, newsweek or time) i hold the opinion that JOOST could be the biggest thing tech-wise for the first 25 years of this century. comments El D?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:15 PM

I think an interesting topic of discussion would be the ethics involved in poker coaching. We all saw brief moments of how Johnny coached Gold in the WSOP. I was curious as to what he said throughout the tournament, advice he gave etc.

This got me thinking about online coaching, which led to lots of ethical questions. For example, Johnny couldnt coach during the actual play of the hand, but appeared to be available for post hand discussion and at least validation of decisions/style of play appropriate for the situation. However, online this restriction is not really there. Where is the ethical line between coaching and two players per hand? This line seems like it could easily be blurred. I'll use ElD in my example since he is flame retardent. For example:

I hire ElD as a coach, we work out a small flat fee (cuz I'm smalltime fish) plus percentage of my Sunday Million (as adjustment for ElD agreeing to small fee). Things are going good, he is coaching well, I am learning/applying well. As the Sunday Million goes on, I find myself pretty deep in the tourney and way over my head. ElD, is coaching his butt off, to keep me from throwing away this great opportunity at the final table, but it is all between hands; "Stay away from seat 1, rob seat 2, call the shorty with almost any two etc". I raise from the BTN, Strassa puts on the squeeze play from the BB, I vomit and ElD ??? What can he say/not say. Obviously, if I tell him my cards that would be unethical. Has the line already been crossed by giving info about seat 1, seat 2 etc.?

Just something I was wondering about as I conteplated my first shot at the million and what would I do if I found myself deep. My first thought was, PM Strassa and give him 10% to finish for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread