Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Re: obscure facts you didnt know

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not. But it's not surprising that Americans would think that it is. Self-centered much?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to correct this as well. I still have a couple $2 bills kicking around and they definitely have the Canadian flag, as your close up clearly shows.

Also, in addition to the "Birds of Canada" $2 bill, neither the 1974 nor 1954 version of the $2 sports an american flag. This "fact" is bunk.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing rhymes with "orange"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hinge

AB
Old 02-18-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, they are right that snopes has an article stating that Mr. Ed was a zebra. I will certainly concede that portion. I stand wholeheartedly by my moran count. I mean, have you guys ever actually seen Mr. Ed? You really think there's a chance that was a [censored] zebra?

4, and growing fast.

[/ QUOTE ]
The zebra stuff is obv untrue, but I did hear that Francis the Talking Mule was actually portrayed by a cocker spaniel named Larry. Apparently the big screen adds 20 pounds.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Ed was not a horse he was a zebra. Black and white cameras of the day wouldnt pick up the stripes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is simply ridiculous and you are a total moran if you actually believe it to be a fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually true.

[/ QUOTE ]
The running tally of total morans is now at two. Anyone else want to reveal themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was actually confirmed by snopes.com. It was a result of the short-comings of black and white technology.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're right dude, here's the Snopes link:

http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

Another interesting fact - the article also mentions that NFL games were rarely televised while black-and-white televisions were still dominant. The games were too confusing because the referees, in their black-and-white stripes, were completely invisible to the viewers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, they are right that snopes has an article stating that Mr. Ed was a zebra. I will certainly concede that portion. I stand wholeheartedly by my moran count. I mean, have you guys ever actually seen Mr. Ed? You really think there's a chance that was a [censored] zebra?

4, and growing fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all true. Me and some friends were behind the scenes at a movie once, and saw a guy painting a horse black and white. Apparently, cows dont look like cows on film- they had to use painted horses. My friend asked what happened when they needed something that looked like a horse. The guy said that they usually just taped a bunch of cats together. Incredible stuff...
Old 02-18-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Ed was not a horse he was a zebra. Black and white cameras of the day wouldnt pick up the stripes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is simply ridiculous and you are a total moran if you actually believe it to be a fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually true.

[/ QUOTE ]
The running tally of total morans is now at two. Anyone else want to reveal themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was actually confirmed by snopes.com. It was a result of the short-comings of black and white technology.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're right dude, here's the Snopes link:

http://www.snopes.com/lost/mistered.asp

Another interesting fact - the article also mentions that NFL games were rarely televised while black-and-white televisions were still dominant. The games were too confusing because the referees, in their black-and-white stripes, were completely invisible to the viewers.

[/ QUOTE ]

4, and growing fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

See bold text - the 4th is you for thinking I'm that stupid.

Edit: Snopes did it on purpose to make fun of morans.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:04 PM

My sarcasm detector being a bit off at 4am doesn't make me a moran. I was pretty disappointed in you at the time though.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:13 PM

commas are a relatively recent punctuation. prior to 1932 everyone used semi-colons.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:26 PM

charles osborne of anthon, iowa lived from 1893-1991. he married twice, had 8 children, and had the hiccups from 1922-1990.