Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: USPC on ESPN Schedule Hey Jordan!!!

The amount of biatching and bad manners displayed in this tournament is amazing. In any big tournament you figure there will be people saying snide remarks here and there and obviously with alot of donkeys there is going to be typical donk angst, but virtually every other hand (at least televised) you see bad behavior.

Does it seem more common in this tourney than others?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:51 PM

yea, devon miller was by far and away playing the best at the table, eric crain and demichelle are playing very well also.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:51 PM

and BTW, you played real well brandon adams, i really like ur lagging style and good hand reading skills
Old 03-12-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew that Fredrick guy would bust as soon as I saw him on screen. Didnt matter how many chips more than som1 he had, he just looked like a guy who was bound to blow up w/ his constant prodding for info and mannerisms and whatnot. Also that guy against Jacob w/ just 1 pair puttin all those chippies in there then gettin upset when the guy says sorry to em when he catches his card on the river. He get's my vote for douche of the year!

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with him for about 10 hours on day 3 and knew I was going to get all of his chips. He was very annoying to play with and obviously not a deep thinking player. I really enjoyed making quads.

[ QUOTE ]

The amount of biatching and bad manners displayed in this tournament is amazing. In any big tournament you figure there will be people saying snide remarks here and there and obviously with alot of donkeys there is going to be typical donk angst, but virtually every other hand (at least televised) you see bad behavior.

Does it seem more common in this tourney than others?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is more common than other tournaments and I'll give you one reason why:

Jersey.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:56 PM

Also, Brandon, did you hate Whitey as much as some of us others did?
Old 03-12-2007, 02:28 PM

LOL, ur the man Jordan, props 2 U.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: USPC on ESPN

Not sure if I should post or not, definately dont want to come off self rightous, but here goes....Im David Baker (bubble boy at the USPC)....I was very disappointed with the coverage. I felt I was a pretty integral part of the tourney being one of the chip leaders from start to my disgusting demise and I get 2 and 1/2 hands shown, one a bluff that meant nothing then I get Bankoff to put in all his money with one card to come and they only show half of the hand???? What about the lead up with the preflop action so the audience could see how terrible the call was...he raised and I made a big reraise out of the blind and he called then you saw the rest, but it would have been nice to know that we were 2 off the money and he still called either 30 or 40k more with the blinds I think 1200-2400!! He was not pot committed and Ray Charles could have seen that I had 99 beat. He even asked me if I have an A after he calls and Tony Cousineu says of coarse he has an Ace and laughs before the hands are turned up, that would have been a great soundbite.....The last hand just played itself with the AA vs Jeff Kings QQ....

They showed so many hands from start to finish between players and situations that had a lot less impact on the tourney than I did, but maybe if I cried like a baby or threw some chairs or whatever those guys do after my disgusting beats, i would have got more "time", but there should still be a place for a gentleman in this game and I wish I would have had at least 1 hand I won or seen the whole hand where Bankoff lucks into the money....

Anyway, hope this doesn't sound like too much crying over spilt milk, I loved the tourney and the coverage ESPN gives it is great. Cant wait to go back next year and if I win I will be guaranteed to get a winning hand on the tube!!!!

Looking forward to the rest of the coverage, I played most of the tourney with Alex Jacob and looking forward to seeing how he wins.....Actually told ESPN in an interview after day 1 when Alex had 30k that he is going to be a tough out and I like his and Devon Millers chances, but they didnt run that sound bite. They did show, but should have shown the impact of 2 giant gifts Alex got on day 3 on the outer table....Alex came back to my table with about 60k and then Gift 1 a guy bluffs off 60k to Alex with no pr and no draw and Alex has QQ then this other guy puts in 150k preflop with TT when it so obvious Alex had AA and Alex in the matter of 1 hour goes from 60k to about 300k with such little risk.....Of course he did play great and I love his game and also super nice guy, played with him a bunch.....

OK, thats it, Im out.....David Baker
Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was very disappointed with the coverage. ...

I loved the tourney and the coverage ESPN gives it is great....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the report, David. You did catch a couple of brutal beats towards the end there.

But I'm wondering how you reconcile those two quotes up there. Were you disappointed with the coverage of *you* but you loved it overall? Or were you disappointed with the TV coverage but liked the exposure ESPN gave the tournament?

Confused,
-joker
Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 PM

yea that sux.

how many entrants where tehre this year?? liek 2k? and th epayout was only top 50 ??
Old 03-12-2007, 03:53 PM

261 entrants, 27 made the money. I found it odd that they mentioned David a lot of times, but barely showed any hands of his.