Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Re: The well: mrTEA

I don't think you can really make a blanket statement like that. Players can be betting a wide range of hands there, sets/ big draws/ bluffs/top pair.

On an Ace turn you can be betting and checking depending on your read of the other player and how he views your turn bets.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mrTEA,

Can I get a "hallelujah holla back"?

[/ QUOTE ]

hallelujah holla back
Old 02-01-2007, 06:35 AM

You talked a bit about balancing your play as you move up.
Can you elaborate a bit more about this?

I presume you mean by balancing your play that you don't have a small exploitable range in certain spots (for instance if a tag coldcalls in the bb and c/r the flop his range is pretty much sets/air -small pp's-) but most importantly how to counter this. I have a very flexible style and I usually have a wide range in a lot of spots, yet I can't seem to balance my coldcalling range especially in the blinds (3-bet a lot in the blinds, and fold almost everything to a raise excepth 22--99) and I feel this is pretty exploitable (even though I do steal the pot with a unimproved PP occasionally I still think its to easy to put me on a very tight hand range that allows the villain to play perfect).

The same also goes for coldcalling IP, I very rarely do it excepth with small-medium PP and if I feel frisky a suited connector/QKs/AJs type of hand and again this allows smart opponents to narrow down my range a lot.

So any suggestions on how to balance this, because I don't think I am good enough to play OOP with a marginal hand in a raised pot all that often (so I just end up folding it preflop) and without the lead I often feel a bit lost...
Old 02-01-2007, 07:50 AM

Someone already made a similar question, but i would like more imput in this situation.

Someone opens in CO and u 3bet with TT. Flop comes Qc 7s 6s
U always cbet here?
I find this spots really hard to play. I hate folding to a raise in a board like this or check folding turn.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:56 AM

mrTEA, can i borrow your luckbox for a couple of weeks? mine seems to have gone busto
Old 02-01-2007, 09:28 AM

How often do you put someone on AK to justify a marginal all-in call/push on the flop?

If you have AK UI, how often do you put someone on AQ UI to justify a marginal all-in call/push on the flop?
Old 02-01-2007, 10:04 AM

i really think mrT has the best game selection and 'personal maintenance' ...when I say that I mean he rarely tilts or gets out of line

v v smart player

grats on ur month, sir [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.. I was the [censored] again even though I didn’t know how what to do on the turn and river because Hellmuth just told me to go with my instincts. I didn’t really know anything so my instincts were usually wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Priceless. Great introduction.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You talked a bit about balancing your play as you move up.
Can you elaborate a bit more about this?

I presume you mean by balancing your play that you don't have a small exploitable range in certain spots (for instance if a tag coldcalls in the bb and c/r the flop his range is pretty much sets/air -small pp's-) but most importantly how to counter this. I have a very flexible style and I usually have a wide range in a lot of spots, yet I can't seem to balance my coldcalling range especially in the blinds (3-bet a lot in the blinds, and fold almost everything to a raise excepth 22--99) and I feel this is pretty exploitable (even though I do steal the pot with a unimproved PP occasionally I still think its to easy to put me on a very tight hand range that allows the villain to play perfect).

The same also goes for coldcalling IP, I very rarely do it excepth with small-medium PP and if I feel frisky a suited connector/QKs/AJs type of hand and again this allows smart opponents to narrow down my range a lot.

So any suggestions on how to balance this, because I don't think I am good enough to play OOP with a marginal hand in a raised pot all that often (so I just end up folding it preflop) and without the lead I often feel a bit lost...

[/ QUOTE ]

My 3betting range in the blinds is 22+, Axs+, KQ, and some suited connectors based on game flow. This allows me to take the betting lead, while not making my range too exploitable. However, I also fold these hands quite a bit in the blinds as you often don't have implied odds OOP when you hit your big hand.

If i decide to call with a pair in the blinds I'm checking the flop most times, as I'm mostly in a WA/WB situation, and mix in a c/r bluff every once in awhile.

You can also lead in these situations if your opponent knows you're capable of a b3b.

In terms of cold calling you have to be able to bluff raise a few flops and "represent a set" so that you don't get run over.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone already made a similar question, but i would like more imput in this situation.

Someone opens in CO and u 3bet with TT. Flop comes Qc 7s 6s
U always cbet here?
I find this spots really hard to play. I hate folding to a raise in a board like this or check folding turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

75% probably

A lot of this will depend on how much you've been 3betting before and what you think his c/r frequency is, and whether or not he's capable of folding.

If I can't get a good feel of any of these answers calling is fine.