Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Tuesday start?

the hendon mob should be enough proof that he lied about the WPT FT's, no?

i also completely disagree w/ the reversed burden of proof

edit: id love to bet something like <$5k even money that samo didnt FT more tahn two $5K WPT events
Old 01-17-2007, 06:43 PM

fsu,

so you dont care if he told the truth or not? So if proof was shown that he had lied about the 6 mil, about being hm_general on UB, about being a pro footballer, about giving 2 mil to charity etc. you would still consider him a friend and one of the nicest guys you deal with?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:52 PM

dean-

obv not.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:56 PM

dont see why its so 'obv' when you said

'personally i dont give a [censored] if its true. '

fwiw I agree that nothign has been 100% proven to be a lie, altho I think the live tourney cashes is looking like an extremely likely falsehood.

It's pretty difficult to prove lies.

I have won $20 mil from online poker in the past 5 months.
I knocked out Mike Tyson in a barroom brawl
I banged Monica Bellucci
I am the biggest Heroin dealer in Chicago

Mucho $ to anyone who can disprove any of my claims.

Dean
Old 01-17-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i disagree. i think no one will bet with him bc no one has yet found anything that disproves any of what samo said.

even down to the the 6 mil $ claim.

of course samo hasnt provided any proof, but i dont think that is his burden to bear. if u believe him, great, if not, who cares.

personally i dont give a [censored] if its true.

he is one of the nicest people i deal with on a daily basis, and the best poker mind i have ever talked shop with. thats what it boils down to for me.

i still havent seen any concrete facts that he in fact lied about a single thing.

has anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand how u like him, he treats u with a high level of respect......It seems like u and blds were the only ones he ever respected.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i disagree. i think no one will bet with him bc no one has yet found anything that disproves any of what samo said.

of course samo hasnt provided any proof, but i dont think that is his burden to bear. if u believe him, great, if not, who cares.

he is one of the nicest people i deal with on a daily basis, and the best poker mind i have ever talked shop with. thats what it boils down to for me.

i still havent seen any concrete facts that he in fact lied about a single thing.

has anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand how u like him, he treats u with a high level of respect......It seems like u and blds were the only ones he ever respected.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think ive ever seen samo be a dick at the tables or talk smack unless the other guy initiated it. like u, donutboy, fukken, etc.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noone is going to bet with you because it is obvious to them that you know something. Not because they are "all talk".

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz obv sam alter ego ftw
Old 01-17-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

has anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think ive ever seen samo be a dick at the tables or talk smack unless the other guy initiated it. like u, donutboy, fukken, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was always a class act at the party tables......Do you remeber one time when i wasnt?
Old 01-17-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that it is pretty clear that this is false. I dont' have hard evidence but use some common sense and workout some of the numbers, and you will realize that he would have to win almost 5 BI a day for 2.5 years while only playing between 9-5 and 4 tabling. So true there is nothing to disprove his claim, but use some logic. As to his other claims, in the NVG thread emipremaker showed that they were flat out lies (ie his live tourny wins, etc.).
Old 01-17-2007, 07:39 PM

Also he said he made 6 mil in 2.5 years which is 200k per month. He also said something about making more money at the end 4 tabling 10/20 then he was previous, so its likely he was making more than 200k per month at the end, but lets just accept it as 200k per month.

I wish someone could find his downswing thread, I cant, so everything here is paraphrasing from memory. He said he went on a 40 buyin downswing in 3 or 4 days, dropping 80k. He said that even including this, he had 'made more in my first two months as a pro than I could have dreamed of'. (not a quote, just from memory).

Now, guy was making 200k a month at MINIMUM part time. How much would have dreamed of full time? I would suggest it is reasonable he would have dreamed of making at least 50% more full time than part time. So 300k/mo. And he was making way more than that even with a 80k downswing. So 400 per month? Lets say 3.5 to be conservative. So this makes 4 mil a year. Which would mean that some time about now he would be at 10 mil, making him according to all estimates the biggest winner in online poker history.

Now, does that all add to you?