FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2006, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Hail to the Hills of Westwood

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting that you think the justification for tasing is the unrest _caused_ by the tasing.

[/ QUOTE ]

not the first tasing. All the tasings after that, yeah sure, thats what im arguing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the cops create a potential riot by tasing, and the solution is... more tasing? Rocket science.

[/ QUOTE ]

and what would you suggest, oh wise one? wait, before you answer, find one of your 200 lb friends, and get 3 other friends, and try to carry him out a door, and down some stairs as fast as you can. Oh, heres the fun part, the 200lb'er gets to make it as difficult as possible. Once you give up, pull out your taser and say, stand the [censored] up or get tasered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah but minus the tasing there wouldn't be a near riot. Call for backup and drag his ass out. Wait until he's out of sight and beat him senseless while he's in handcuffs like a real cop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this idea.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Your witness

Officers try to talk to suspect.
Suspect continues to shout at the top of his lungs.
Rinse. Repeat.
After 15 minutes of this, several of the UCLA/ACLU types grab a Taser from one of the officers and shock the suspect, yelling "I have a Sociology paper to finish. Get up you jerk!"
Old 11-21-2006, 06:58 PM

There we go. Cops say he's resisting arrest, hence the broken nose. Everybody believes the fine upstanding (cough, cough) rentacop. Case closed. Happens every day.

Unless some little pissant goes and ruins it all with their camera phone. Then they throw one to the wolves, paint him as a bad seed and go about their biz.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:22 PM

This thread, along with other on this subject, is beyond frightening.

All I have to say is: God forbid I ever find myself with less than a handful of friends on Facebook. Who the [censored] knows what the authorities could legitimately do to me then.

ACists have been warning of the impending fascism. I always thought it was just a good deal of paranoia. Little did I know they were downplaying the threat. I don't think the state is really marching towards that end, but I'm quite scared some of you guys are secretly longing for it -- "it wasn't excessive force, this kid is a giant tool and he's totally unpopular!"

Yikes.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:55 PM

The prevailing theme of the people who think this was acceptable seems to be that most people are dangerous [censored] who will hurt the police by default, therefore police should resort to violence as a first resort in order to protect themselves. I'm not sure in the UCLA scenario who the violence the police applied was intended to protect, but whatever.

Even if you embrace such a position and think the problem is with how the public treats the police, surely you can't think turning the police loose in a barrage of violence against those citizens is the answer.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ah but minus the tasing there wouldn't be a near riot. Call for backup and drag his ass out. Wait until he's out of sight and beat him senseless while he's in handcuffs like a real cop.

[/ QUOTE ]i like this idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
We're not suprised.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The history of totalitarian regimes is reflected in the evolution and perfection of the instruments of terror and more especially the police. -- Carl J. Friedrich

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-21-2006, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

All I have to say is: God forbid I ever find myself with less than a handful of friends on Facebook. Who the [censored] knows what the authorities could legitimately do to me then.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't see the sarcasm in the "only 9 friends on facebook" comments, then I don't think I can help you much. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2006, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't see the sarcasm in the "only 9 friends on facebook" comments, then I don't think I can help you much. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, he still thinks the guy was tasered before he went to the ground, was tasered while handcuffed, and had merely forgotten his ID.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Dvaut realizes that each subsequent mention of the "9 friends on facebook" have been sarcastic. It's the original mention by DKnight that he's addressing. DKnight made the comment to illustrate what a "freak" the Iranian guy was, and by extension, that he "deserved" to get tased for being an outcast.