Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 11/10

don't even bother with miniview. and resizeable tables don't have to be like party or stars where you can resize to any pixel, i think thats just needlessly complicated programming. if you just made the tables so they could go to about 3 or 4 different sizes everyone would be happy.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you everyone for your continued input:

5. "How about observer spam reporting built into the client? It'd be nice if we could just right click on a spammy comment and report it."

-That's a great idea. The players hate the spam just as much as the site does. I guess once it gets reported, it would instantly go to someone from Support for manual review, and they can quickly hit a button to shut the guy off?

[/ QUOTE ]

This system could also work great for reporting abusive chat.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What % is that roughly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Varies a lot depending on your VIP level and the game you play, somewhere from 15% to 40%, as reported in other threads. For Supernova and SnG tourneys it's about 28%.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have figures to explain that I'd love to see them. I'm not discounting what you're saying, but thats the first I've heard of it. If you can show me where thats the case for NL players (which make up the largest portion of FT players) then I may move some more of my roll over to Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

What limits do you play?
Old 11-11-2006, 04:55 PM

Im not sure if this is the right thread but I didnt want to start a new one. What is the minimum age for Full Tilt. I thought I heard they changed it to 18.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure if this is the right thread but I didnt want to start a new one. What is the minimum age for Full Tilt. I thought I heard they changed it to 18.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:30 PM

Not having resizable tables will not keep me from playing but having them would make me play more.

I can't play the mini veiw tables. I've tried them on UB and Prima. I just like the visual of a full (re)size(able) table. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2006, 05:55 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default I speak for the fish....

[ QUOTE ]
-I choose where to play partially based on whether I can use tools like PA-HUD and pokertracker as do many players. I hope you would keep this in mind. These tools do not create an unfair advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I don't think there's all that much difference between using a HUD and using a bot. HUDsters assert there's no unfair advantage, but this is only true if everyone is even aware of the existence of them. Yes, everyone can use them, but the ones who are aware of them in the first place are primarily the ones who frequent online poker forums like this. Many of the casual players, that HUDsters seek to use to grind out their income, may well be totally unaware of the existence of such software.

What I would suggest is that the site have a built-in HUD. That way, there is a reasonable expectation that everyone would be able to use it, and the playing field really would be level.

If using a HUD is not an unfair advantage, I don't see why this proposal shouldn't have the support of those who use them.

I also think that buddy lists should be opt-in; if someone makes me a "buddy", I should be notified and given the opportunity to reject being on their list. Buddy lists should be used for social reasons, not so that grinders can stalk easy marks; someone I don't know shouldn't be given a means of following me around the site willy-nilly, especially without my knowledge and approval.

-Mike
Old 11-11-2006, 06:22 PM

1) Tournament summaries: This is really important to most higher-volume SNG players. Party's system was actually the best so far, with a pop-up box at the end of every tournament. The 100% ideal system would be an automatic file transfer similar to the current hand history text, although I could see the accounting on that being difficult. The next best system would be a lobby option to automatically email the summary upon completion of the tournament.

2) Resizable tables/miniview: I'm too old to be able to resize the tables anyway. Miniview isn't really useful to me either. I have no problem with the current system. Stars "custom layout" function is awesome. Also, I like the layered graphics, or whatever it's called that allows me to just replace the graphics files.

3) Promotions:
a) The freerolls suck. I'm not even quite sure how to explain it, and I understand the EV calculation, but I just hate playing in them. The utility of me sitting around for three hours playing, only to get knocked out a stupid bad beat and get nothing (which is by far the most likely outcome if I play), is no where close to the utility of whatever else it is that I do on Saturday afternoon. The top-heavy payout of a multi means the freerolls are just going to end up pissing off the majority of players who get nothing.

Freeroll result overall:
50% "wtf I didn't even play in that.."
40% "wtf that was a huge waste of time.."
5% "at least I got something back, though it still doesn't beat whatever else I could have been doing with that time..."
5% "Freerolls are the nutz! Ship it."

b) The store could use some better item. Again, Stars is a good example of a site that has stuff that I might want, either because I want to have it or because it might be easily convertable to cash. It sounds like help is on the way though.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

6. "Do you have an ETA on when more items will be added to the points store?"

-All I've heard is 'very soon'. It's an interesting debate, in that it would be cool to roll everything out at once and have some kind of blowout, but it would be better to implement in parts if that will take too long. I would tentatively guess January 1, just in time for the Christmas season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else have a laugh?