Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Official *Party Screwed Monster Seat Holders* Thread

One of the more comical form letter responses (I've gotten this one from vip@partypoker.com and games@partypoker.com both)

Dear xxx,

I completely understand the apprehension and the displeasure expressed
over the entire issue related to the Monster payouts, please understand
a lot of thought and understanding has been put in to make the payout
of the freerolls as close to the utmost degree of accuracy and fairness.

I also understand that the previous responses have affirmed the same
however, I am sorry but the determined value will not be changed.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Venkat Arun Kumar G.
PartyPoker Customer Care
Old 10-15-2006, 05:21 AM

People,

Do you realise that the people that answer your email are just their customer care, which I think are based in India. Like the customer reps have anything to say or know anything that is happening within the company.

Believe me, they have NO CLUE, they just have to answer your e-mails. You wont get to speak a person that really knows what is happening.

Party is going down if bad publicity continues. Their stock dropped from 155 to a 31 low on Friday, closed at 34. Get your money out of there as this ship could be sinking!

Only one thing might get us our money. Keep spreading the news about this 'scam'. They sure have to stop this wave of bad publicity. Thing is that this is only a big issue on the american sites, get it to the European poker sites as well. In the end this is their only customer base left.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It was never fair in the first place to rake the cash games to subsidize these freerolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Figured I might as well chime in, since I'm one of those cash game guys who knowingly and willingly paid the extra rake to follow the fish.

[bitter rant]
You sorry [censored] were already getting your style of barely-even-poker massively subsidized at the expense of the players who have enabled these sites to keep running all this time, and now you have the audacity to bitch about not receiving every penny?!? Boo-[censored]-hoo. You [censored] downies.

Just so I'm clear... it was cool when it was happening to someone else for your benefit, but now you want to whine like little [censored] girls. Pussies.

Try playing for actual cash on the table some time. Really, it's not that hard. However, you'll need to learn that you shouldn't go all in quite so much.
[/bitter rant]
Old 10-15-2006, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Only one thing might get us our money. Keep spreading the news about this 'scam'. They sure have to stop this wave of bad publicity.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right bad publicity is likely our only realistic shot.

Sending emails to VIP customer service probably won't help, but it takes little effort or time, can't hurt, and there's a small chance that a few get forwarded to senior management.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:34 PM

" Dear xxxxxxx,

The total prize pool accumulated for Monster promotion is $14,405,786
and we have distributed the entire refund amount to all the players who
had any monster available freeroll."

LoL. Doubtful.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Try playing for actual cash on the table some time. Really, it's not that hard. However, you'll need to learn that you shouldn't go all in quite so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play NL cash games online for a living, but thanks for the free strategy advice.

[ QUOTE ]

it was cool when it was happening to someone else for your benefit, but now you want to whine like little [censored] girls. Pussies.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually I never said it was cool. A good share of my play was on Party NL games before the Monster gouging began. I pulled out my PT data and calculated that my win rate after the extra rake would be slightly lower than what my net $/hour was elsewhere, so I decided it was -EV to continue. If you decided it was worth the extra rake to stay, then you either didn't make the calculation, it was +EV for you to stay on Party, or you didn't care. Whatever, to each his own.

Likewise, I saw that Party was advertising a ridiculously inexpensive way to win a seat into a Grand Final Monster tourney. Based on their marketing, the EV of a seat was $4,000-$5,000 ($32-$40 Million / 8,000), and the net cost to win a seat assuming avg play was likely to be well under $500 after $s won in Weekly / Monthly rounds. Not everyone decided to spend the time going after the free EV in the frerolls sponsored by the Monster cash games, but it was clearly advertised and promoted and available to all. Sounds like you didn't decide to get your share of it I guess.

I got lucky and won what was advertised to be a seat worth $4 or $5k, and got $1,800 Now I am trying/hoping to get myself and 2 or 3,000 other people the "full expected value" of Final / Monthly seats that Party said they would pay on their site.

I don't consider it whining like a [censored] girl or pussy to expect Party to pay out more than $6-$7 Million out of a guaranteed advertised prize pool of $14-$24 Million, depending how you calculate it. Feel free to disagree, but if you have any seats or know anyone that does, I don't get why you wouldn't want people trying to get more money for them. Shrug.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was never fair in the first place to rake the cash games to subsidize these freerolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Figured I might as well chime in, since I'm one of those cash game guys who knowingly and willingly paid the extra rake to follow the fish.

[bitter rant]
You sorry [censored] were already getting your style of barely-even-poker massively subsidized at the expense of the players who have enabled these sites to keep running all this time, and now you have the audacity to bitch about not receiving every penny?!? Boo-[censored]-hoo. You [censored] downies.

Just so I'm clear... it was cool when it was happening to someone else for your benefit, but now you want to whine like little [censored] girls. Pussies.

[/bitter rant]

[/ QUOTE ]

You hate tourney players that much? You'd rather party keep the money?
Old 10-15-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like progress in getting dissatisfaction with the payouts commuincated upward to Party management.

vip@partypoker.com wrote:

Dear xxx,

I have passed all the information to our Management team, who will need time to look into this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This response does not indicate any progress at all imo.
It indicates that they are ignoring you and want you to stop e-mailing them.

If I get more money for my seats I'll be thrilled. But I think the chances of you guys successfully getting Party to give you more is awfully slim.

As I stated before, I'm kind of surprised they gave us ANYTHING.

They could have cut off the funding for it if they wanted, but still held the freeroll, and then told me, "Yes, you won your way in. But you're an American and aren't allowed to play. If you don't show up for the tourney then you will be blinded off at the table. And because you are in the U.S. you will not be able to get to the tourney."

It would not have surprised me in the least if they had done something like this.

It also would not have surprised me if they gave out $25 for the weeklies, $100 for the monthlies, and $500 for the grand-final.

It also would not surprise me if they said, "They were FREEROLLS so you didn't really lose anything."

None of those scenarios would surprise me.

$1800 + $350 was actually more than I expected from Party.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the more comical form letter responses (I've gotten this one from vip@partypoker.com and games@partypoker.com both)

Dear xxx,

I completely understand the apprehension and the displeasure expressed
over the entire issue related to the Monster payouts, please understand
a lot of thought and understanding has been put in to make the payout
of the freerolls as close to the utmost degree of accuracy and fairness.

I also understand that the previous responses have affirmed the same
however, I am sorry but the determined value will not be changed.

Venkat Arun Kumar G.
PartyPoker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Dear XXXX,

I completely understand the apprehension and the displeasure expressed over the entire issue related to the Monster payouts, please
understand a lot of thought and understanding has been put in to make the payout of the freerolls as close to the utmost degree of
accuracy and fairness.

I also understand that the previous responses have affirmed the same however, I am sorry but the determined value will not be
changed.

Venkat Arun Kumar G.
PartyPoker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

Canned response, I got the same one.

Sickening.

Will make sure I talk to someone in charge tomorrow.

ToT
Old 10-15-2006, 03:31 PM

Bananaboy is on the case. No more worries, Party will soon be sending the checks toghether with the chocolates and flowers and begging you to forgive them.

We can sleep in peace now! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]