Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Sports: How far did you go?

sup bro?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You actually get some pretty good players in D3 sports. Not everyone wants the added pressure and time commitment of a D1 team.

Personally I was starting to get burned out on swimming at the end of high school. I quit my club team before my senior year in HS and just swam for my school. It was much more fun. Then I picked a college that had good academics, but wasn't *that* hard. I turned down some swimming scholarships elsewhere and took an academic one. Managed to squeek out a meager 3.4 while attending less than 50% of my classes and sporting a heavy drinking/partying habit.

I was a walkon on the swim team (wasn't sure if I was going to swim or not, so I just decided once I was there), and surprisingly enough there were several others like me that freshman year. We wound up with a team that was half freshman, and in one intrasquad exibhition the freshman team barely lost to the rest of the team. I think going with the more relaxed D3 school was a much, much better choice, at least for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I choose a D3 school over a D1 school because of the amount of time I'd be on the court. I wanted to be playing every single game there was, I didn't wanna be sittin' on the sidelines watching everyone else have fun.

That was for vball.

I also Bowled for 8 years, but because of stipulations I wouldn't be allowed to compete. And my college didn't have the program.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sup bro?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wasn't that good. I.e. The guy who played Div 1 is probably better than me.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:45 AM

Swam in high school, I have a school record, and made States and All-Conference all 4 years. Senior year, I was recruited pretty heavily. Then I got cancer, but got better shortly after. Right after that I had major Gall bladder problems where it started passing stones, my liver stopped working, almost died, they had to take out my Gall Bladder and gg sports [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2006, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sup bro?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wasn't that good. I.e. The guy who played Div 1 is probably better than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

I was talking to sup bro? Obviously he is better than you. He had 15 tackles for a loss and was all county in 95!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Played a year of Junior A hockey (league below OHL) could have probably played university hockey but I didn't really want to put that much effort in.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you from t.o.? whats your mthl resume?

[/ QUOTE ]

No OMHL, went from hometown team (we were something like DD, basically played B,BB teams) to AAA (2 years) to Junior A(played for Newmarket) to rec leauge at University. Kind of sucked because I couldn't play high school hockey as a result of playing Junior(my school team made it to the (I think AAA) OFSAA semi finals my senior year).

[/ QUOTE ]

thank goodness for private school status at UCC, i got to know all about ofsaa.

great times, except for dryden. that year's tournament was like playing in nunavut. a gas station, a motel, and a ford dealership was all there was for miles.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all county 95

sup bro?

[/ QUOTE ]

sup bro?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:14 AM

High School: Wrestling 4 years, Football 3 years, Baseball 3 years.
College: Lacrosse 4 years, made the all stars in our club league my senior year.

I was never a great athlete, but I did pick up enough of the sports that I can coach rec ball.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sup bro?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

I was talking to sup bro? Obviously he is better than you. He had 15 tackles for a loss and was all county in 95!

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I can't compare to sup bro. I was just letting you know so he didn't have to.

@Gamblor

That describes pretty much half the towns I played in growing up. Playing for a small town in the OMHL is a really awful experience. You're either playing a large area's select team (which means they get really [censored] ice times and you end up playing at 11:00 or 12:00 at night) or you’re driving for 3 hours on back country roads looking for a town with 5 houses and something resembling a hockey rink. The crappy locations were one of the main reasons I jumped up to AAA.

Also I didn't know UCC competed in OFSAA. I thought they were a member of CISAA (or whatever the private school thing is, to be honest I don't pay much attention).
Old 10-13-2006, 04:03 AM

I started playing squash sophomore year in HS. Played JV soph/junior year, and varsity senior year...

Now playing D-1 Squash for what should be easily a top 20 team this year, and should continue to increase. I am a freshman atm.