Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How do YOU pronounce jaguar?
like "jag-wire" 66 43.71%
like "jag-oo-are" or "jag-are" 85 56.29%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Random soccer discussion

err... yeah that was the book I meant [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2006, 05:58 PM

also, an interesting article
Beckham to MLS...SOON.

I honestly think this is going to happen very soon. Most people would agree Beckham's game has fallen off, and he is not likely to get paid anything close to what he got in the past. He might as well make this move and become even more famous.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:05 AM

bumping to add to my favorites.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:09 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

ive been thinking about how much people think soccer players flop. but now that im playing like everyday i think that flopping happens far less often than people think. many of the "flops" are a small touch of foot to foot. which they see in slo mo and cant see how it can hurt.

however, i cant think of another sport where people are running full speed and going after an object by the other persons foot in cleats. the pain of even being touched by the bottom of a cleat while youre running is pretty damn brutal and its pretty easy to lose your balance when youre running full speed, someone runs across the back of your legs, knicks your foot as it comes up and you fall. i think the pace of soccer is what really confuses people. unless youre watching an arsenal game, and then its usually flopping [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

rj
Old 10-27-2006, 03:17 PM

dude, getting nailed in Football hurts a helluva lot more than a slide tackle in soccer.

Anyways, what bothers me is how the players roll around on the ground in agony. 30 seconds later they are running at full speed. THAT is pathetic. Aside from the play, the antics of the players leaves a lot to be desired. Reminds me of the NBA in that way.

Also, point out one Arsenal dive this year? I know Ronaldo flops around a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2006, 05:45 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, point out one Arsenal dive this year? I know Ronaldo flops around a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was more talking about how before the CL final, henry complained that barca would dive. arsenal scored the opening goal on what was the biggest dive i have ever seen (0 contact whatsoever). we scored 2 and won. after the game henry complained that we flop. that just doesnt make sense. also, henry was in that commercial with cantona that was v anti diving and hes really adopted the dive this year.

rj
Old 10-27-2006, 06:01 PM

henry, diving this year??? I haven't seen it once. I have no comment on last year.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
henry, diving this year??? I haven't seen it once. I have no comment on last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, i remembered it being near the end of the CL final. it was in the world cup, versus a barca player. revenge for the CL final? where he specifically said he would never dive and called anyone who dives a woman?

"Henry dives like a woman" good title...

i am just in complete shock that he gets barely tapped on the chest and then goes down as if puyol hit him in the face with a sledgehammer. just gross.

rj
Old 10-28-2006, 02:42 AM

bwahaha, ridiculous. I hadn't seen that, obviously an absurd flop. BTW, I thought you meant this EPL season.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:52 PM

10/28 - 1930 EST - US
Chicago Fire v New England Revolution

TVU Player - "MLS PLAYOFFS LIVE"

Need TVU Player? http://dl.tvunetworks.com/TVUPlayer.zip