Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 05:48 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker.com Info

Why is everyone bashing Party Poker and Mike M?

Can I still bet a $ that the flop will be all red?

Enjoy !
Old 10-04-2006, 07:06 PM

So all of us cash game players who didn't get to play in the first and only monthly are pretty much SCREWED?

F U Party
Old 10-04-2006, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All this thread did was create more questions and confusion. Nice job OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike O' Malley has always done this. This guy's a real tool. I really don't understand why Party representatives even bother to come here at all, always leaving a bad taste. I remember when Party came to discuss the upgrade issues they had and then just totally disappeared when people were frustrated. Seems to me by coming here they do more harm than good.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:25 PM

Man I really wish i would have kept that 400$ now from cruise glitch a few months ago. Damit Conscience!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Monster: Unfortunately, the structure of the PartyPoker.com Monster tournament makes it untenable to continue should the act becomes law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we are pretty much assuming this is going to happen I wonder why Party hasn't suspended the monster qualifers and monster tables while they wait and see.

Could it be because Party will still keep quite a bit from the monster promotion and not pay it all back to the players?

Party has many American and European players right now who continue playing on the monster and contributing to the monster who are excited about this promotion and are trying to win their way in.

These players do not know that it is about to be cancelled because they don't read 2+2.
And they don't know that they won't get anything back for their efforts to qualify.

It is inappropriate for Party to continue to have their players fund a promotion that Party already is reasonably certain will have to be cancelled.

In the very least, it would be appropriate to put some kind of warning on the tables that the promotion MAY have to be cancelled some time in the near future.

(my apologies if Party has actually done something like this...but I haven't seen anything about it)
Old 10-04-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Monster: Unfortunately, the structure of the PartyPoker.com Monster tournament makes it untenable to continue should the act becomes law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we are pretty much assuming this is going to happen I wonder why Party hasn't suspended the monster qualifers and monster tables while they wait and see.

Could it be because Party will still keep quite a bit from the monster promotion and not pay it all back to the players?

Party has many American and European players right now who continue playing on the monster and contributing to the monster who are excited about this promotion and are trying to win their way in.

These players do not know that it is about to be cancelled because they don't read 2+2.
And they don't know that they won't get anything back for their efforts to qualify.

It is inappropriate for Party to continue to have their players fund a promotion that Party already is reasonably certain will have to be cancelled.

In the very least, it would be appropriate to put some kind of warning on the tables that the promotion MAY have to be cancelled some time in the near future.

(my apologies if Party has actually done something like this...but I haven't seen anything about it)

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be that they are just going to wait untill its 100%, (i guess the bill could still not be put into law).

If they went ahead and cancelled monster now, they could just go ahead and close all US accounts now as well.

But its probably cause they are keeping some money.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:09 PM

I don't get it! Why are you guys eve playing the Monster tables? Presumably you play pokerr cos you beleive you havesome skill-if you want to take a flyer on some random event, why not try bingo or the lottery? BTW: If you run your hands thru poker tracker u'll see how much they are skimming-absolutley kills the win rate. So, caveat Monster emptor.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:16 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker.com a possible why

I have a possible explination as to why party has pulled out of the US market. No one may care but here it is. Harrah's has just in the last few days recieved a buy out proposal for $15 billion. http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news...lass=PokerNews
If the offer is from Party Gaming then they have no choice but bar american players from their online venture as the Harrahs American operations would become their primary buisiness.
My guess FWIW
Old 10-04-2006, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
watching party fall from the top, almost makes this whole thing worth it

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2006, 08:57 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker.com a possible why

[ QUOTE ]
I have a possible explination as to why party has pulled out of the US market. No one may care but here it is. Harrah's has just in the last few days recieved a buy out proposal for $15 billion. http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news...lass=PokerNews
If the offer is from Party Gaming then they have no choice but bar american players from their online venture as the Harrahs American operations would become their primary buisiness.
My guess FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

Your guess is not even close. The offer is from a private quity group which is named in every article about the subject.