Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars Is Fixed

Old 08-28-2006, 03:59 AM

Oh, my aching head! I did read the OP, but not all the comments, so forgive me if I repeat someone.

I'm also a new poster, so forgive any donk-ness.

OP, here is the reason it isn't fixed - rakes. Poker Stars doesn't care who wins or loses, believe it or not. Every hand played makes then money. Every tournament you enter- guess what - makes them money. It doesn't matter how many donkeys put a beat on you, how many of your sets don't hold up, or how many times the reverse happens. The rakes still pile up for Stars, and every other site you can name.

It's that simple, my friend. They make their money on you anyway.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:21 AM

If you look next to the poker game you are playing, under the "limit" column, you will see a descriptive word that says "fixed" or "no limit". If you dont like the "fixed" games, try the other ones that dont say "fixed".

Also, please try to streamline your posts, as they are wickedly long. No poker player has the time nor attention span to read all that unless there is a rakeback involved. Halfway through each one of your posts I get dizzy and have to stop for health reasons. My posts used to be similar to yours but I learned that two things 2+2'ers hate are long posts and online is rigged theories. Sadly your posts contain both.

I feel sorry for you having put alot of energy in this thread, knowing that no one here will respond with anything but negativity and sarcasm.

So, let me give you something delicious and tasty:

-J
Old 08-28-2006, 10:44 AM

Uhhh....I've played against you; you aren't good. At best you are inconsistent.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

OP, here is the reason it isn't fixed - rakes. Poker Stars doesn't care who wins or loses, believe it or not. Every hand played makes then money. Every tournament you enter- guess what - makes them money. It doesn't matter how many donkeys put a beat on you, how many of your sets don't hold up, or how many times the reverse happens. The rakes still pile up for Stars, and every other site you can name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like i said earlier, extreme hot and cold runs create gambling addicts. The bad players. instead of losing all their money right away, accumulate a temporarily larger bankroll and keep playing and calling their long shots because they have seen them hit in the past, and the good players keep playing because they can't believe their luck wont eventually turn around. Thus the site takes in more rake than they would if all the bad players just went broke right away and stopped playing
Old 08-28-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, my aching head! I did read the OP, but not all the comments, so forgive me if I repeat someone.

I'm also a new poster, so forgive any donk-ness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already said it in earlier threads, but this argument is silly. This isn't the reason they aren't fixed.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:28 PM

tldr

Is it rigged or have they just fixed some technical glitch and the site is up and running again? Help a confuzzled poker jedi.
Regards,
Carl
Old 08-28-2006, 04:40 PM

the opening post is tl;dr

the threads is tl;dr

However, I too believe pokerstars is rigged for suckouts.
Hence the name riverstars.

I have not played a ton of hands there, but I have seen so many 1 out rivers unbelievable ... two of which were 1 out royal flushes against made full houses.

Not that I would play there anyway with no bonuses - no rakeback.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:49 PM

All these people read your posts:

-J
Old 08-29-2006, 01:32 AM

2p2, I submit, for your enjoyment: The Culmination of this Grand Experiment We Call the Internets.