Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 11:45 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" WSOP ME Broadcast on ESPN Thread (Days 1A + 1B)

[ QUOTE ]
goofy lady vs Fossilman goes all-in on the river, Fossilman thinks, then calls <yelling out to crowd> "I'm all in. I got straight. I got straight 3 hearts". Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it matters, but she was yelling to her husband or someone she knew who was playing.

NCAces
Old 08-23-2006, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that was the hand Raymer posted about, on the turn he bet at her and she wanted to just call right, and she accidentally raised, and when it was pointed out she tried to fold, and then ended up min raising and making a straight on the river, it went something like that.

Regardless, the lady looked and sounded completely insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link to the post?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everytime they show a Raymer hand, he looks bad. So far, he's made a couple semi-nasty comments about his opponents sucking out on the river with Raymer paying off. Now, they show him putting all his chips in while way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he's giving the vibe like the typical frustrated grinder. "Nice hand, way to catch on the river".

ps. how many 2+2'ers were in that "The Nuts" segment on fishes?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:10 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" WSOP ME Broadcast on ESPN Thread (Day 1)

Here are my $.02 worth:

- I liked the angle with Steve D and his home game group. We heard alot last year that he was the 4th best in his home game. Good follow through, and it could be good if other regular home games see this and thinkn about helping some of their guys get there.

- Why even put Mike M on? He was boring, he lost early, and he didn't blow up ... what is there to see? If he was his regular obnoxious self, went deep, or blew up, then you'd have some good TV. The schtick about him winning a million and it being gone in 3 days, and then losing a half mil on the Internet ... yeah, that's real good for poker.

- All the whining from the Pros, including Raymer (although if you really lsitened to him on one of those hands where he said the guy got lucky, he clarified it and said, "he thought he had the best hand, and then got lucky ... doubt most people will hear that part). I know they edit it, but give it up. If you don't want some donkey sucking out on you, don't play the ME. The Brat, Jensen, Daniel ... how about a Nice Hand and move on.

- Celebrities ... why always Brad Garrett, athough his "time out" schtick was ok. Why not more on Shannn Elizabeth who made it to day 2, Spiderman, and Krupa who also made it deeper. I don't want alot of celebs, but spread it around to attract those who might be attracted to that type of thing.

- Hellmut ... I know there are people who like him, but can he be any more juvenile? Annie was lost for words when they were sitting on the couch. He needs serious psychological counseling. I hated him before because he was such a dickwad, but he knocked that up a notch tonight.

- Nice touch on the Cancer guy and his buddies.

- Contrary to the assertions of other threads, I am middle-aged [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] ... 46 ... so they can show Jennifer Tilly all they want.

- Good coverage of Harman and Cory Feldman. Seriously, what is the chance they are together again (anyone from the Probability forum want to weigh in?), and that he gets quads against her? FWIW, she was pretty cool about it when she talked about it on the PPV.

- Bullsh!t of the night ... Black saying that it was probably a better thing that he didn't win last year. I think Mr. Gold overheard that interview and thought it might work for him.

- Predicatble line of the night ... Daniel saying, "yeah, I thought you had like 55, 77, maybe 88' but the guy didn't flip up his cards ... yet, Lon and twirp both say, "yeah, Daniel is a good reader."

All in all, not a bad start INHO.

NCAces
Old 08-23-2006, 12:11 AM

Here's some parts of the show that were 1A:

The nun they went to for a milisecond.
Andy Black
James Garner (who was shown in hour 2)
Harrington being eliminated

It seems most of today's programming was Days 1B and 1C. Day 1D which featured Hachem, Chan, Moneymaker, Varkonyi, etc. probably starts next week's shows.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ "terrible call"

[/ QUOTE ]

I really get sick of semi-pro asses who get beat by a perfectly reasonable play and then berate the play.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i beleive harrington wrote anyone who ever considers folding a set is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrm I don't think he put it quite that way did he? I sure hope not.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ouch, gotta feel bad for Sammy there. Can anyone find a fold here?

10h 9h 6h 6s 2c

Farha has two black 9s and 3-bet his opponent on the flop. He led out on the turn and pushed the river. His opponent called and flipped over 66.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got 4th nuts. Fairly standard fold there
Old 08-23-2006, 12:31 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" WSOP ME Broadcast on ESPN Thread (Day 1)

[ QUOTE ]
Dannenmann's home game is sponsored by Milwaukee's Best Light? Nice deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit, now I'm gonna have to delete my post. Didn't read this review before posting on the shameless plug.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:33 AM

all,

I think Ben Grundy really = Ben Mezrich.

Edit to say: Bound is a great movie. And not just for Gina + Tilly = not leaving house.