Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Lets make a list: Who got screwed by Party in the 1M tourney ?

ZinZan I hate to say it, but you cans ave time and cashout all your money now. I know for a fact that Party is not going to give out anymore money. They are sick and ingorant as humans and online cardroom operators.

I wish I could cashout and switch sites but I am only good enough to beat the loose games at Party.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats True?

[/ QUOTE ]

True Poker I believe.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ZinZan I hate to say it, but you cans ave time and cashout all your money now. I know for a fact that Party is not going to give out anymore money. They are sick and ingorant as humans and online cardroom operators.

I wish I could cashout and switch sites but I am only good enough to beat the loose games at Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

$10K max per day, so it would take a few days anyway.

Besides, even though I know you are probably right, I'd like to wait until we've heard a response from Mike O'Malley. Once he says the payout stands, I know I'm done with Party.

BTW, there are soft games on every site.

-Z
Old 08-07-2006, 03:29 PM

thats so bad, I know if this ever happened on stars there would something done 100%, unlike party
Old 08-07-2006, 03:54 PM

I had an average stack (36K) when the tourney got paused at 752 players. I was never able to resume play at my table (#20). As people blinded off and busted out around me (we had two VERY short stacks), their seats were filled by players from higher numbered tables being broken. Those incoming players WERE able to see their cards, play their hands and take advantage of the ones who couldn't. I wound up being blinded off completely in about 300 something-th position, before the tourney was officially stopped. When I busted out, I refreshed my balance and saw that ~$650 was credited to me. So, I got paid the regularly scheduled amount for busting when I did.

I tried calling Party most of the evening yesterday and only got a busy signal. Tried again this morning and the first person I talked to wouldn’t acknowledge that they we aware of the people who were in limbo between 752 and when they cancelled. I explained everything as thoroughly as I could, but he insisted that I had been paid appropriately. I made him put me on with his manager. She listened and seemed to understand my frustration, but still only countered with an offer of $100 more for my troubles. I said that wasn’t going to be enough compensation. She put me on hold and came back 5 minutes later to say that the best she could do, was to also give me a deposit bonus. I said that was worthless to me. I said that I wanted to talk with whomever she had just spoken too.

Several minutes later, another guy came on the phone. He seemed to be fully aware of the situation I described. We went back and forth for a few minutes about the previous offer and I basically INSISTED that I be given $215 for my next buy-in.

He said, “Okay. Cross your fingers. …Can I put you on hold for a few minutes?”

He comes back on the phone and says (happily), “Did you have your fingers crossed? I was able to get you the $215. We already deposited it to your account”.

I replied, “Yes. For You!... I didn’t enjoy spending hours of my time to get the MINIMUM compensation that Party owed me. If you couldn’t give me a buy-in, I was going to cancel my account and tell everyone I know what a lousy site you guys are running.” (still gonna warn people – obviously)

He went on to apologize for the problems and mistakes and told me to have a nice day. I kinda felt sorry for the guy. I’ve been in customer service most of my life and couldn’t imagine what kind of a day this guy must be having. I’m sure if it were really his decision/money, he’d just give it all back and then some.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:56 PM

KP1010, you might want to figure out what your payment should have been under their T&C if they would only acknowledge that this tournament was effectively cancelled with 752 left. You may not be quite so happy with that $215 buyin. You still got raped.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:12 PM

I know that I should have gotten a bit more, based on them rolling it back to the 752. I decided what the minimum I would accept as a player (who was contemplating leaving for good) would need from them to stay. ...and after 2 hours and much discussion, I got it from them. It's a very tiny victory.

I encourage other people to insist they get more too. My fingers are crossed for you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that I should have gotten a bit more, based on them rolling it back to the 752. I decided what the minimum I would accept as a player (who was contemplating leaving for good) would need from them to stay. ...and after 2 hours and much discussion, I got it from them. It's a very tiny victory.

I encourage other people to get a clue and play somewhere else. My fingers are crossed for you that Party won't [censored] you in the ass again next sunday. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 08-07-2006, 05:06 PM

It's like the early stages of the vip club all over again. Can I please get this much...I heard of someone who got more...but but but...

It so should be the other way around with all the poker sites out there.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No offense Superfluous Man, this is not directed at you at all, but the fact that you got $3k and I got $320 when, at the time Party paused the tournament I had 25k and you had 4k, pisses me off to no end.

[/ QUOTE ]
For clarification, at the time they paused it, I had something like 30k. By the time I realized that restarting party (i had to do so twice) would get me back to playing, i had been blinded down to 4k. In essence, I'm saying I'm a giant luckbox that I was able to get back just before I got eliminated and double up a bunch of times.