Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2006, 01:12 AM

Default Re: ***Tuesday Jan 3 please do not post in OOT***

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't posting in another forum with the same 2p2 names completely destroy the point of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does... whatever that point is.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:29 AM

Umm, point?
Old 01-02-2006, 01:34 AM

While this has a very low possibility of suceeding, I think Stuey should get a plan in the works with the mods and administrators to have OOT shut down for a day, giving the feeling that no one is posting but in actuality no one is allowed to post.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:46 AM

to all,

i am in, just b/c i like to play games.

i believe there should be a penalty for posting, the penalty should be a voted avatar that you must use and post with for a month.

~td
Old 01-02-2006, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm, point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry bro as much as I like you I don't feel it is fair of you to ask me what the point is. I have typed like 10 paragraphs trying to explain my view on this to other posters already.

So when you come along and say "point?" and expect me to explain it all again even though you will end up making your own mind up you can see how I am getting sick of it. Plus it should not matter to you what I think the point is.

The point is to offer 2 very simple choices to the people that regularly post here.

1. Stop posting for 24 hours and see what happens.
2. Post and ruin something that the majority of people here are trying to do. There was a poll and 70% wanted to try this.

So you pick don't listen to my reasons why or why not you should post or not think it over and you pick. I'm tired sorry if I'm being a jerk. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2006, 01:49 AM

If a hurricane or an Earthquake or some other really important major news event comes up, I'm sure I'll be posting.

Otherwise, this is freaking awesome, and pwns too much to not do.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:52 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

whats the point of this again? sounds sorta stupid? I didn't read the bruiser thread though.

I actually DO like the idea of taking over another forum for the day. Just something totally random.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:09 AM

Because we can.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't feel it is fair of you to ask me what the point is. I have typed like 10 paragraphs trying to explain my view on this to other posters already

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I read your 10 paragraphs and I still don't know what the point is, or why it's unfair to ask why? Here's what I gathered from your 10 paragraphs.

[ QUOTE ]
"Join because it will be amazing if we succeed. Choose to try the impossible and dare to dream have faith in your fellow Ootiot. It is about trust and fellowship, the idea that the good will always overcome the bad."

"This is considered an impossible task. But it is a very easy one to attempt. If we succeed do we not prove that the impossible is indeed possible. Perhaps then we might attempt more impossible tasks that if accomplished would have huge benefits."

"I have tried to explain the best I can. I think everyone will have different reasons for trying this though.

But as much as some people can't seem to get my reasons I can't get the reason you would go out of your way to ruin this. Go ahead though maybe I'm on the wrong side. Maybe there is no right side. But would'nt it be something if for one day we were all on the same side? "

"Dude I don't know why I want to do it. I guess it is like acting like a pirate you never really know how fun it is untill you jump in and try it. Hurry up and make up your mind are you with or against us?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry though, I won't spoil your fun (I don't post regularly enough to), but who knows, maybe I'll see something worthy of responding to.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:42 AM

You won't ruin it even if you post. I want people to do what they want but I have tried to explain some of the reasons why not posting would make sense to me. You will admit I am trying right? I'm not the best at it I agree but no one else wants to try explaining. And I'm what they call a gamer a freak even! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Am I so narrow minded that I have been missing all the reasons that people have been giving for the other side. As far as I can tell the other side has been saying they don't get it. Or it will never work so why try or worse they simply ask "why". Has anyone ever answered why in regards to anything? And you expect the avatar freak to have an answer to why? yesh

What if there were 3 choices yipes!

I am open to changing my mind someone explain to me "why" I should post on Jan 3. Seriously I'm close to changing my mind as it is. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You count as much as anyone else it does not matter if you post here often or not imo.