Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Fashion - Going Out (Without Coming Out!)

j: I'm from Texas, so pretty used to lots of people wearing boots. A lot of friends from Texas who now live in NYC, SF, etc. sometimes wear nice boots out. Outside of them, it's pretty uncommon. I think you only get pegged as a redneck if you wear them with Wranglers, a big buckle, and a cowboy shirt.

GA: "Long sleeve shirt under T-shirt: Played-out, standard, or hawt? Appropriate for +30?" I think the super-contrasting colors look is tough to pull off for anyone not super young and artsy. For over 30 I think it's cool but only in a subtle, somewhat coordinated fashion with a super sweet t-shirt.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Long sleeve shirt under T-shirt: Played-out, standard, or hawt? Appropriate for +30?

[/ QUOTE ]
IMO, this is fine for super casual / scrubbing attire and even then only if it's more of an athletic look. The only time I wear a long sleeve shirt under a t-shirt is sometimes when I'm working out or playing baseball or some other athletic activity, and when I do the t-shirt is more of an athletic t-shirt than your typical one. I think using this combo in any sort of "serious" way looks bad.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What things have gone out of style that are still seen far too often (for example, tapered-leg jeans)?

[/ QUOTE ]

will these ever go out of style? i find them very comfortable around my shoes
Old 02-02-2007, 04:44 PM

tapered leg jeans are horrible. they make you look like a penguin.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:01 PM

ElD,

Yeah, I never do the bright colors, more like a grey AA long sleeve under a brown sweet shirt like this:
http://www.threadless.com/product/600/Sun_Lion

GOT, All: I think we're talking about different kinds of going out...but I do need to invest in some nice shirts for dates...even the punkrock chicks I date would appreciate a little dressing up. But I would never match jeans w/collared shirt. Brown and Olive and Blue Jcrew chinos only suckkas.

--GA
Old 02-02-2007, 08:50 PM

Alright, now I got a question. I wear alot of button down shirts and jeans when I go out, because we normally end up at lowend bars since my friends never club or anything. I like to leave the top two buttons undone which shows off a bit of chest hair but I think looks fine and is more comfortable. A friend or two told me they really dont like the look at all. Whats the verdict?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:59 PM

I always wear a tshirt under that type of shirt. I think leaving your chest showing, hair or not, looks horrible

Old 02-02-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, now I got a question. I wear alot of button down shirts and jeans when I go out, because we normally end up at lowend bars since my friends never club or anything. I like to leave the top two buttons undone which shows off a bit of chest hair but I think looks fine and is more comfortable. A friend or two told me they really dont like the look at all. Whats the verdict?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, so you wear a button down without any kind of undershirt/t-shirt?

As far as your question goes though, I know you'd be pointed out as a "tool" with my group of friends.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oddly enough when I'm in the woods I don't wear jeans at all . I have a couple of pairs of
and wear them with these:

Lots of sticker bushes and snakes in the South [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean man. I do a lot of enviromental work outdoors. Upland (I have always called them brush) pants are awesome. I good pair of chaps work just as well if you want to sport some jeans.

I have a pair of Rocky Pro Hunters that have been great to me. I hated spending $120 on boots, but they were well worth it. Probably way too hot for you in the south since they're 800 gram insulated, but they are so comfortable.

Anyways, I'd like to ask you if you have any experience with synthetic safety toe boots? I need to buy a pair of steel toes but I'm thinking I'd probably rather go with synthetic because they would be warmer for my cold weather use. I have to take a trip to Cabella's this weekend. Sadly, the closest one is 3 hours away [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2007, 09:11 PM

Im the epitome of an Italian stereotype my friend, I wear gold, Im dark, I rsy salsissa at every other meal, and even I wouldnt be caught dead w/o a t-shirt on underneath a dress shirt.