Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: this girl is being ridiculous, right?

My play in this situation would be this: Tell the gf I won't be around for the weekend but that we should all do dinner when she comes in. The three of you go to dinner, make nice nice and I would pay for everyone and then make my exit for the weekend. I show the GF's friend how great of a guy I am and then they have their time to themselves. This way the GF's friend is less likely to actively work against our relationship during her time with the GF. Also, if you're freaking out about a possible weekend away from the GF maybe it is high time you had a weekend away from the GF.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:16 PM

I would tell the girlfriend that if the roles were reversed, this would be a big deal for her and probably wouldn't fly. Basically, just lay it out that I thought it was absolutely ridiculous, without making it a big issue. I would then probably do something along the lines of dinner with them with the intention of leaving them alone the rest of the weekend.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:25 PM

You: Are you going to let your friend sleep in the bed?
GF: Probably.
You: Why don't you stay at my place while she's around.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's functionally a live in boyfriend in this case, it would seem. That he pays rent and has a bed somewhere else shouldn't really matter if he's sleeping in her bed all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i should've said this in the beginning. we probably spend 2 nights a week at my place and 1 night a week at her place, something like that.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is absolutely it though. Of course the guy shouldn't be intruding, and should have offered to stay at his own place anyways...but the fact that she demands it is out of line and makes him look weak now. And we all know she did it on purpose. THAT'S why its so bad

[/ QUOTE ]
So what's the big deal? Let her have the bed, you weren't planning on using it anyway. Even if she wanted to use it against you it doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already said that the bed isn't the issue. Give the friend the bed. The issue is not being a complete wuss bag and bowing down to the biotch friend/ the girlfriend. She wants the bed? You want to have her in your bed instead of me? ok cool, have fun this weekend guys.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My play in this situation would be this: Tell the gf I won't be around for the weekend but that we should all do dinner when she comes in. The three of you go to dinner, make nice nice and I would pay for everyone and then make my exit for the weekend. I show the GF's friend how great of a guy I am and then they have their time to themselves. This way the GF's friend is less likely to actively work against our relationship during her time with the GF. Also, if you're freaking out about a possible weekend away from the GF maybe it is high time you had a weekend away from the GF.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is very solid advice (except for the last sentence - i'd be happy to be gone all weekend, i just wanted confirmation that the friend is being unreasonable). in fact i think the advice has been surprisingly good. 4_2_it, you should do an advice column thread like bisonbison used to do.

i'm going to try to do something like spend an afternoon and dinner with them at some point while the friend is here and then leave them be for the rest of the time the friend is here.

i'm glad the work princess has gotten thrown around so much, since it's always how i've thought of her. i'm sure she sees herself the same way and thinks that it's endearing and cute (the word princess is in her AIM name) but i find it immature and obnoxious. fortunately she lives far away.

i also forgot to mention this, but the gf's roommate is also good friends with the visiting friend. (only through the gf, but the roommate accompanied the gf to canada to visit the princess visiting friend last year). so the super obvious solution would be for the visiting friend fo sleep with the roommate while i sleep with the gf. but whatever, i'm not getting sucked into that. unless, you know, i'm getting sucked into that.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:59 PM

Well, since your gf is sleeping with the princess, you should sleep with the roommate. Everybody wins!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The solution here is pretty obvious.

Take the couch (or go back to your place and sleep) with no complaints. Then a couple weeks/months in the future, invite a female friend of yours over for the weekend and request your gf sleep on the couch because this friend wants the bed with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir
Old 04-12-2007, 05:43 PM

The real question is why the OP is such a broke ass bitch with no car??
Old 04-12-2007, 05:58 PM

All the advice on this thread boils down to too sides.

Take the high road and make it all work with gf and friend and let them be.

Or, punish the ridiculous bitch friend. People who are selfish and lack understanding like the friend shouldn't [censored] get their way.

I'm stumped, can't really decide which is right to do. The best is somehow not let the idiot friend gets the bed and also have it all work out. How? I don't know.