Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: How to Dominate $1 and $2 No Limit Hold\'em

[ QUOTE ]
gamboooool ?? LOL If you like to gamble, you are having fun, ZOMG. Good luck to you, always.

Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I have not read the book .. and am in europe, so I am assuming that the copy that amazon.co.uk has is the faded one.

By gambling I mean putting opponents on a range and acting accodingly, thus ending playing a lot of pots instead of just waiting.

I have no idea, what your book is about apart from the descriptions above, but a statement that the two most profitable game types (whether you nit it up or decide to gamble it up) should be avoided is puzzling.

Still I only attack this one statement, I don't doubt that the book overall is better than most of its competition.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:07 PM

My copy is due to arrive in Canada tomorrow. I waited patiently for the new and improved copies to become available. I was concerned with having to return the book thru customs, etc...

I plan on spending the weekend reading so that I can make an informed comment early next week.

As I stated earlier, I witnessed the writing of this book on Sam's old website. It was shaping up to be a winner, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished package.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:43 PM

Three of you posters stopped by my signing booth today at the WSOP and introduced yourselves. That's nice. Thank you.

Sam
Old 07-07-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The point is the good player’s skills can be better deployed in games where he’s not just waiting for the best hand.

there are actually two kinds of games that don’t suit the good player’s play – the limpers game and the wild game.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG .... R U Serious. ?? (Those are the two most profitable games with regards to achieving the highest winrate)

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahaha. Dear God, I hope loads of newbies read your book cos they will remain donks for life [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2007, 12:15 AM

No need to worry about someone learning to play, Cat. For every one who learns three newbies are hatched.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:49 PM

Looking around for updates on the new book release dates and stumbled across this thread. It looked like an interesting read so I clicked on the book for more info. After looking at the book excerpts I noticed that you were the gentleman who took a bite out of my profit margin at Binions a couple of weeks ago. So I guess I'll have to buy the book and discover if I was correct in folding my top pair to your river bet... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 02:48 AM

received my copy today and had a quick breeze through it and so far it looks impressive. The print was pretty bad though but still readable.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The point is the good player’s skills can be better deployed in games where he’s not just waiting for the best hand.

When you read further into the book, you’ll see there are actually two kinds of games that don’t suit the good player’s play – the limper game and the wild game. The reason is that in both those style games we are playing a waiting game. We are waiting for a good flop to follow our limp or we are waiting for two good pocket cards in order to call the big raises pre-flop. There are better uses for the Dominator’s time and skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I make most of my money playing in these types of games. What about using position and table image to our advantage in these games? Why not put these 'wild' players on a range and squeeze them for value?

It seems you prefer a low variance style, which is fine, but I don't believe it is the most profitable style. A good player is able to adapt his game based on the table conditions, recognize situations where he has an edge and takes advantage of that edge whenever possible.

I disagree that the only way to win at a wild table is to wait for a hand. I tend to play loose in position, read the board texture and get money in the pot when I have decent equity.

Limper tables are even easier to beat because you should be raising a lot in position and c-betting every flop. These guys fold without a piece of the board, which they will miss 60% of the time. The great thing about playing in a limper game is that when one of them plays back at you, he is almost never bluffing, which allows you to play perfect strategy against him.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:54 AM

The quote is unfortunate and intended in a different context. Further misfortune is that it has become the main topic of this thread.

4 2 it, you have stated the recommended procedures in these games quite well. The book actually addresses playing techniques under limper and wild games much as you describe them. The book further describes how to play in all kinds of games and against all kinds of players, making its style wide in variance and the very point of the book.

I appreciate your comments. I think you are probably a very good player.

Sam
Old 07-11-2007, 11:01 AM

One more item. Let's not forget we're taling about no limit here. Usually, the play technique which you describe will change a limper type game into a playing game. Wild games are harder to change and, as you have pointed out, we may not want to change it. Of course, we should be prepared with a very large bankroll for the stack swings.

Again, the quote was intended in that context. It's all in the book.

Sam