Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 07:52 AM

Default Re: I\'m starting to hate n00bs

Remember a pic of a troll which we post in a thread where op is a troll? Someone should make a similar pic or something else for n00b posts. It's annoying when there are "what books to read" kind of posts appears here every day, but it's even more annoying when everyone starts to insult n00bs and tell them how stupid they are.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember a pic of a troll which we post in a thread where op is a troll? Someone should make a similar pic or something else for n00b posts. It's annoying when there are "what books to read" kind of posts appears here every day, but it's even more annoying when everyone starts to insult n00bs and tell them how stupid they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moving posts like that to the appropriate forum is better. Posting a "n00b" pic seems antagonistic. It could easily turn a n00b into a troll.

The goal should be to provide guidance not ridicule. That's how the quality will improve.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mods,

resort to closing threads vigorously. and post a short "why i closed this dumb thread" in each thread you close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But, mods shouldn't be required to explain their thread shutdowns. More strategy, less [censored] should be our motto.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But, mods shouldn't be required to explain their thread shutdowns. More strategy, less [censored] should be our motto.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want the quality to improve here, then a simple explanation like "Use the converter", "Don't post ten hands in one post", or "Too basic, moved to Beginners forum" are ways of letting people know their error and thus preventing them and others from duplicating it.

Obviously when shutting down a troll post or obvious OOT type posts an explanation is likely not needed.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mods,

resort to closing threads vigorously. and post a short "why i closed this dumb thread" in each thread you close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be advised that I have started this campaign. All posters are subject to having thier threads locked, not just new ones.

Post well.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mods,

[/ QUOTE ]

Be advised that I have started this campaign. All posters are subject to having thier threads locked, not just new ones.

Post well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me be the first to welcome the new approach taken by our overlords.

Grunch,

I assume there will still the one official monthly NC thread for whatever, right?
Old 05-26-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mods,

[/ QUOTE ]

Post well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many thanks for the effort, Grunch.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mods,

[/ QUOTE ]

Post well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should clarify my feelings on this whole iron fist campaign, as it occurs to me that I've railed about bannings in the past:

It's certainly positive to weed out the noise, the basic beginners stuff, and the worthless posts so as to improve the forum. I don't find this to be censorship.

What happened to Paul Phillips was censorship of the abhorrent, I'm-embarrassed-for-2p2 variety. I don't view the current campaign as being anything similar whatsoever.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(Forum split anyone? 50NL and below, microstakes; 100-200NL smallstakes?)

[/ QUOTE ]

This definetely needs to happen. I've all but stopped coming here. I'm probably not alone :/
Old 05-26-2006, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(Forum split anyone? 50NL and below, microstakes; 100-200NL smallstakes?)

[/ QUOTE ]

This definetely needs to happen. I've all but stopped coming here. I'm probably not alone :/

[/ QUOTE ]

THOSE LOSERS IN THE LHE FORUMS HAVE A MICRO STAKES, I DON'T SEE WHY IT SHOULD BE ANY DIFFERENT HERE.

NESS
Closed Thread