FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the Image real photo? 13
Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

Also, that numerous people(posters on this forum) have trusted me with $100k-500k and have never had any sort of problems, MULTIPLE PEOPLE, just trying to repair any damage this did to my A+ credibility obviously. I literally have most of the regular HSNL people on my buddylist and hopefully if any of them are reading this, they keep in mind that I've always done right by them and not be skewed by implications in this particular situation and that if you have any questions you are more than welcome to PM or AIM me.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:33 PM

If you want to repair your credibility, stop saying things like "If you want to get nasty, you have no shot at getting any money you're under the dillusion of me owing to you".

Also you say there is 0 dispute about the time between the first transaction and the second, which clearly there is. How about a screenshot of that portion of your FTP transaction history so you can clear up that it was only minutes between them.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Justin was saying that he'd feel bad borrowing 30k. This way, he doesn't feel bad (because he isn't borrowing 30k). It seems fairly clear to me, your misspelled vulgarity aside. If that doesn't clarify matters for you, maybe this'll do the trick:

[ QUOTE ]
him: instead of loaning me money
him: would you like some of my action and just BR me on FTP until I get my funds released?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it make its way through your skull yet, "biotch"? INSTEAD OF LOANING ME MONEY means "How about not making this a loan, and doing something else (a stake) with it instead?" This is what OP agreed to. Your logic and reading comprehension here are woefully lacking, "biotch".

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, you can not assume he is retroactively talking about the first 30K. It was not specified. He acknowledged he borrowed 30K. He did not state new terms where that loan changed into something else.

You can't assume that OP is supposed to know what makeup means because it means one thing to high stakes players and something else to the rest of the ENTIRE WORLD and then turn around and try to sweep his reference to the loan.

If his stating 'makeup' is supposed to indicate a certain staking deal, loan is most assuredly supposed to mean loan.

If boosted intended to turn the loan that he agreed to intos something else he needed to specify this clearly. The whole thing is pretty shady to begin with and it is clear that OP got bamboozled. The only question is whether boosted owes the entire 60K right now or if he only owes 30K with the obligation to play makeup for the other 30K at OP's option.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:40 PM

cant we all just get along????? how about we fight..UFC style..winner take all...im on TEAM BOOSTED....
Old 05-18-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Filth-

I'll put up the makup stake, and we'll chop the 60k 50/50. Deal?

-Neutrality

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems like a resolution, especially coming from BoostedJ's friend
Old 05-18-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When he says '100% no risk', that is a complete lie, whether he intended it to be or not. There is a massive difference between 100% and 99%. If someone I trust tells me there is 100% no risk to me, I feel very secure, and I can't imagine a scenario in which I lose money.

Since he said 100%, I believe that the OP should be able to stake boosted, on any amount he wants, for any stakes he wants until he gets his 60k back. That means as low as .0001/.0002 if he wants, since that allows for a ROR of closest to 0% (100% no risk).

[/ QUOTE ]

These are excellent points.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:49 PM

ok johnny cochran....ur point is made we get it
Old 05-18-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

cant we all just get along????? how about we fight..UFC style..winner take all...im on TEAM BOOSTED....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
ok johnny cochran....ur point is made we get it

[/ QUOTE ]

Boosted, you should get better fanboys.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Filth-

Yeah, you'd send him more to play. Boosted has a VERY long history of crushing 5/10 and 10/20 NL, there's no reason to think he's anything other than a massively winning player at those stakes. There's also, honestly, no reason to think Justin's trying to scam you here. You trusted him enough to send him all this money (I've trusted him with access to much more of my own money in the past); you should know he's a stand-up guy, even if you feel like he's being unfair here.

Given that he's a massively winning player and he's a good guy, in all likelihood he'll win your money back for you fairly quickly at 5/10+. I think it's unfair to make him make it up lower, simply because it would take far too long. If your BR's SEVERELY damaged, however, I could see an argument for BEGINNING makeup at 3/6. If you do this, you'll probably get your money back quickly.

If you don't, fair or not, you probably won't get back a dime. Were I in your spot, I'd ship a few k over and get him started on 5/10 (he may not even need you to ship if he's got money of his own now) and put this behind me.

-Neutrality

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were me I would be inclined to pay someone 5-10K to go over and beat 30K out of him (assuming he is not intending to ship it) and then begin negotiations for the second 30K (repay or restake).

This assumes there are not more details to the story logged in chat that would change things.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:56 PM

Alright, I've spoken with Filth and Boosted. Problem resolved. Poker e-drama really is the very worst kind.

-Neutrality

Edited to Add:

Props to both for handling this reasonably and equitably.
Closed Thread