Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: PCA, sweating aba20

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why people are being so judgmental of the guys in this pic. Except for Elky, who definitely looks like a huge douche, you guys are all being unnecessarily mean based on nothing. Yeah, the guy to Elky's left is a bit funny-looking but it's not like he can help it.

It's not as if most poker players are so cool-looking and hip that this is a particularly shocking and awful picture: this is just what happens when you get some poker players together but everybody's acting as if this is some revoluationary and awful picture. Stop trying to look cool bashing guys for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

No reason? Who needs a reason? I'd like to hear anyones posting guidelines for BBV, if any.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why people are being so judgmental of the guys in this pic. Except for Elky, who definitely looks like a huge douche, you guys are all being unnecessarily mean based on nothing. Yeah, the guy to Elky's left is a bit funny-looking but it's not like he can help it.

It's not as if most poker players are so cool-looking and hip that this is a particularly shocking and awful picture: this is just what happens when you get some poker players together but everybody's acting as if this is some revoluationary and awful picture. Stop trying to look cool bashing guys for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. You shouldn't be allowed to bash a pic unless you post a pic of yourself first!

James
Old 01-11-2007, 04:52 PM

Based on all the other pictures I've seen, that's a horrible pick of Elky. Usually he looks like he's from the future.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. You shouldn't be allowed to bash a pic unless you post a pic of yourself first!

James

[/ QUOTE ]

here's mine

Old 01-11-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think my pic was mean, if people take offense, sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

I did. [censored] grow up.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:26 PM

Standard. Pro Poker players are smart. Smart people are generally ugly. Aba is the exception here. Bruiser has come a long way as well. Bags of $$ help.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:35 PM

Let me have another crack at this picture thing cus it seems a lot of posters here in the depths of BBV have bleeding vaginas...

So... this guy... could definitely use some of this stuff:

because everyone here has to see some similarities..

[censored] losers. goto college and make some friends.

btw, what in gods name does this guy have in his front pocket? I don't see him as a smoker because he might sear the pepperonis closed on his face. Could he really be holding keys or a cellphone in there? Man... that's baller as [censored].
Old 01-11-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Except for Elky, who definitely looks like a huge douche, you guys are all being unnecessarily mean based on nothing. Yeah, the guy to Elky's left is a bit funny-looking but it's not like he can help it.

[/ QUOTE ]
First, it looks like everyone's unanimous when it comes to Elky. Great.

Second, the guy to the left of Elky (everyone keeps mentioning bruiser500, but I haven't seen him in the list of names from the site; is this dude him?) can definitely "help it." Put guy 2 in a black shirt, aviators, and slap a doucheball grin on his face, and he's a taller, fatter Elky. To say, "Hey, he can't help it, come on," is ridiculous. Its stupid. Of course he can help it. He gets some leeway if he never thought anyone other than friends would see the pic. Otherwise, this is how he chooses to present himself. He can do a million other things differently, including eating less, running more, and not wearing billboard T-shirts.

Like I said, if this was some sort of candid/personal photo, then everyone gets a bit more leeway - although not much, because they probably should have had a reasonable expectation of seeing it posted.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Second, the guy to the left of Elky (everyone keeps mentioning bruiser500, but I haven't seen him in the list of names from the site; is this dude him?) can definitely "help it." Put guy 2 in a black shirt, aviators, and slap a doucheball grin on his face, and he's a taller, fatter Elky. To say, "Hey, he can't help it, come on," is ridiculous. Its stupid. Of course he can help it. He gets some leeway if he never thought anyone other than friends would see the pic. Otherwise, this is how he chooses to present himself. He can do a million other things differently, including eating less, running more, and not wearing billboard T-shirts.

Like I said, if this was some sort of candid/personal photo, then everyone gets a bit more leeway - although not much, because they probably should have had a reasonable expectation of seeing it posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Wait, you are taking a picture? Let me run to my room and get my Dolce and Gabbana shirt. No seriously, 5 seconds."

James
Old 01-11-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Wait, you are taking a picture? Let me run to my room and get my Dolce and Gabbana shirt. No seriously, 5 seconds."

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait... let me wake up and put on some respectable looking clothing, NOT 1990s Levis Jean Co. shirts possibly used as cumrags at some point in this kids run at puberty.