View Poll Results: Is it
true 25 59.52%
false 1 2.38%
not enough information 16 38.10%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Public Service Announcement: BobO has been banned *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]

Bob's title was "POG hero, Sports troll". That was for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, I gave him that title [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I was trying to send him a message but he decided not to listen.

[ QUOTE ]

Even before Bob's actions in that Arenas thread he was skating on super thin ice and was probably saved a time or two by the mods of this forum for his contributions here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true

[ QUOTE ]
His actions post-ban are so ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true

[ QUOTE ]
that I hope he gets banned again and again and again, forever until the end of time, because he's either not bright enough to realize that pissing off the site admins is a bad way to be reinstated, or because he's truly a troll that is a headache and a net site liability.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bit much but understandable

[ QUOTE ]

Certainly don't blame MEbenhoe for this. The dude has the patience of Job and gave your beloved BobO more than enough rope to hang himself for well over the past year.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true
Old 09-30-2007, 01:17 PM

Ah yes, I did that "anonymous" thing on purpose. You POG whippersnappers may be too young to remember this, but Coach said it once on an episode of Cheers. RIP, Coach.

I put the over/under on someone replying only to address that at five minutes. Nice job sir, the under pays.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:18 PM

ok a serious response:

[ QUOTE ]
Bob's title was "POG hero, Sports troll". That was for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

he is obviously a liability to sports from what has been posted here.

but exile is always possible. you dont need software support to pm a guy and say 'dont ever post in this forum again or you will be permabanned' and stick to it. seriously, im still waiting for anyone that supports this decision to give any rationale for this NOT being a solution. it seems like you guys are just pissed at how he reacted to the ban and imo this decision is not in the interests of 2+2.

also, i for one am not blaming ME at all here, it would be standard procedure to just ban someone for being a troll. but when someone contributes so much to another forum then you need to take the needs of that forum in to account.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

but exile is always possible. you dont need software support to pm a guy and say 'dont ever post in this forum again or you will be permabanned' and stick to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously don't know bobo or you would realize he wouldn't be able to control himself for very long

plus it's more work for mebenhoe keeping an eye out for him constantly
Old 09-30-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah yes, I did that "anonymous" thing on purpose. You POG whippersnappers may be too young to remember this, but Coach said it once on an episode of Cheers. RIP, Coach.

I put the over/under on someone replying only to address that at five minutes. Nice job sir, the under pays.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. im going to start using that now. just warning you.

tuq - here is another way to look at it.

i cant speak for any of the pog mods, but if i was one i would see the action to ban bobo from all forums including my own as the equivalent to a pog mod just unbanning him from all forums. its overstepping jurisdiction
Old 09-30-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

but exile is always possible. you dont need software support to pm a guy and say 'dont ever post in this forum again or you will be permabanned' and stick to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously don't know bobo or you would realize he wouldn't be able to control himself for very long

plus it's more work for mebenhoe keeping an eye out for him constantly

[/ QUOTE ]

1. if your suggesting he is gonna launch a spam attack or something then he could do that anyway with gimmicks now.

2. it isnt hard to see when clicking on his name even one post in sports. if any mod sees that he is gone. permabanned.

3. your final point seems completely contradictory given the nature of the exile, if it is not immediately noticeable then how is it a problem? apparently 90% of his posts are reported right?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i cant speak for any of the pog mods, but if i was one i would see the action to ban bobo from all forums including my own as the equivalent to a pog mod just unbanning him from all forums. its overstepping jurisdiction

[/ QUOTE ]

mebenhoe and i are both reasonable people and if i thought there was any remotely reasonable reason to do so, i would have asked mebenhoe to unban him or have some leniency. but quite honestly this is SO cut and dry that i can't really justify doing that.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:59 PM

ouch. nothing more can really be said then. exile really seems a perfect and obvious solution here but if no pog mods are willing to take up that cause it looks like gg....
Old 09-30-2007, 02:07 PM

Monk,

To be fair an exile in Sports would definitely be enforceable, because he is so loathed in that forum that if word got out that his next post there = ban he would be reported so fast MEbenhoe's head would spin.

That said, I don't see why this guy deserves that. Why should the admins do a favor for a guy who deliberately trolls an entire forum? I don't know what kind of equity he's earned in POG, but trying to piss off everyone in Sports for a prolonged period of time is unacceptable forum decorum IMO, and as durron's posts show he's run out of favors.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:23 PM

well shouldnt modding be impartial? its not about doing favors and who likes and who hates bobo (imo at least).

it should be about whether he contributes or detracts from each forum he is in and banning/allowing him to stay based on that.

if someone is a troll across the board then ban them from 2+2.

if someone is a troll in one forum but of value in another then exile them from the forum in which they are a troll.