Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: SofaMart clowns me, what to do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't have to sign anything to form a contract dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happens if I pay for a cheese burger at hardees, and they're out of cheese? Do I get to demand that they drive to the store and buy me some or else I can sue?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but they offer you a regular burger and a larger drink for free.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happens if I pay for a cheese burger at hardees, and they're out of cheese? Do I get to demand that they drive to the store and buy me some or else I can sue?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But there's a CONTRACT after I give them money...OMG How can't you see this!!!! I WANT MY CHEESE OR FREE MONEY.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:43 PM

I work at a store where the very same thing happened.We sold a carpet that had been put on hold and needed to be installed the next day.We called the customer explained the situation and had them come back to the store and choose anything that they liked regardless of price.WE SCREWED UP not our customer.

Sofamart needs to deliver the new model couch at the original price if the have any business sense at all.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But there's a CONTRACT after I give them money...OMG How can't you see this!!!! I WANT MY CHEESE OR FREE MONEY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the analogous situation:

Hardees: Sir we're out of cheese, I'm sorry. Here's your purchase price of 1.00 back plus a coupon for $0.25 off your next hamburger. Unfortunately, the special under which you purchased your current burger just expired. The new price of the burger is 3.00. Please feel free to use your coupon towards the price of your next burger at the new price.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Klompy, the problem we're having here is that this isn't cheese, and OP had already paid for it. If you order a cheeseburger at Hardees and they're out of cheese, you can probably drive 30 seconds down the road and get something quite similar at any number of places. Or, if you decide a Hardee's burger is fine without cheese, you can take the small refund plus the free drink they'll probably offer you. Hell, you can probably even call the manager the next day and tell him you had a bad experience and get a free meal out of it. They hand them out all the time. Its called making sure the customer gets what he pays for, and apologizing when there are problems.

This was a one-of-a-kind deal, and OP had already paid for it. Major difference. This is not a "mistake", and if it is, it is easily avoidable. The burden is now on SofaMart to rectify it, and if OP isn't satisfied with a refund plus $200 for this epic malfunction, then the store should do whatever it can to satisfy its customer.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hardees: Sir we're out of cheese, I'm sorry. Here's your purchase price of 1.00 back plus a coupon for $0.25 off your next hamburger. Unfortunately, the special under which you purchased your current burger just expired. The new price of the burger is 3.00. Please feel free to use your coupon towards the price of your next burger at the new price.

[/ QUOTE ]
ACTUALLYYYYYY...

As the burger purchaser, you would understand before purchasing your initial burger for the supposed $1 that it was the last one available at that price. In which case, when they told me I couldn't have it, I'd shrug and order the $3 one - or go somewhere else and throw out the $.25 coupon.

God this conversation has become really stupid.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Klompy, I know you're smarter than this. At least, I hope you are. You don't see the difference between a slice of cheese (and if you read my other reply, you can drive 30 seconds and get a similar product if you're not satisfied with Hardee's) and a clearance, floor model, haggled leather sofa originally valued at $1300 but sold (paid for and signed) for $630? If OP could take his $830 and go 30 seconds down the street and get a satisfactorily similar product at that time then he should. But that's not the case. SofaMart sold OP's couch to someone else. "We're sorry, here's $200 to spend at our dishonest store" doesn't cut it all the time.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ACTUALLYYYYYY...

As the burger purchaser, you would understand before purchasing your initial burger for the supposed $1 that it was the last one available at that price. In which case, when they told me I couldn't have it, I'd shrug and order the $3 one - or go somewhere else and throw out the $.25 coupon.

God this conversation has become really stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it was analogous not exactly the same. Obviously most people don't care about a $1.75 difference. Would you just "shrug" and pay the extra $500 for a new sofa too?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:55 PM

I know there's a difference, and I was just being an ass now. I guess my view is just different that I think the 200$ is their way of trying to make up for it too. There's a big difference for the stores between handing out a freebie that costs them a couple bucks and they sell hundreds of them a day, and handing out a free couch that they maybe sell a few of a day, and costs hundreds.

If I was in this situation, I'd be a little upset. I'd just move on though and see if I can use the 200 on any of their couches that I like, or take a refund and be upset for about half an hour.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're obviously a highly successful owner and operator of retail stores. You must be, with your amazing grasp of word-of-mouth, branding and repeat business. Please tell us which stores you own in which cities, I am genuinely curious.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]
What a douchebag comment.