Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Poker Stars Mod request - will pay $$ ($25?)

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm speculating but I think it's because the seat box is that tiny black square. It may be that we have to click on the tiny square (only) to sit down which of course gets covered up when the R reserved box is over top of it. Aiming for the direct center of the R usually works.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DPR,

Your mod is fantastic. There is one slight thing that I think could be improved. When I am on the waitlist for a table and am selected to sit at the table, an "R" for reserved appears on the empty seat. I need to click on the R to sit down. Only problem is that I have to click on very small specific portion of the R to get the click to register. Sometimes this takes a while to get right and is pretty annoying. Can you think of any way to fix this..possibly maybe indicate exactly where we need to click?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I noticed that. I think kid poker's comments are correct in that we have to 'find' the little black square within the 'R'. I am actually not sure it is in the exact center. I usually just click all around in the R and it works - I do not really find it to be that much of a problem.

Like I have mentioned, I am a newb with this stuff. My first thought was to get rid of the 'R' alltogether. But that won't work for me becasue I have several tables open while I Am playing several others and I wouldn't be able to tell which table I had a seat at. My second though would to you make a little dot in the center of the 'R'. This could work, but only if the 'R' is actually centered over the actual little dot. Option 3 would be to make the black dot a little bigger so it has easier to hit. Of course then it would be more noticable when the seats is empty (which is why I like them small).

Perhaps, someone with more experience has some better ideas. If I have time, perhaps I Will mess around with it a little.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:47 PM

i'm having a problem with the dpr theme, the background is right but the table hasn't changed.. ideas?
Old 10-29-2006, 12:44 AM

Follow the steps listed above exactly and it will work. Most likely problems - make sure you have installed and selected the stars theme prior to copying in the files, make sure you start Stars with Pokerstars.exe and not the PSupdate.exe.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:35 PM

oh yeah, i tried using default stars not just stars theme, oops. thanks.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:15 AM

has anyone figured out a solution to the black dot being hidden in the reserved seat "R". This is actually an incredible pain in the ass for me. Sometimes I cannot click in the right spot and get removed from the waitlist!! Oh nooooo! If anyone can help me I will be forever grateful.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:58 AM

Here's my latest and greatest. I love it for multitabling.

^^^ With PA Hud running

edit - empty seats are the small green dots,
in the PAHUD pic I blacked out pples names, else if no one was really sitting there, a happy green dot would appear.

I also enlarged the reserved seat pic and also its .a.bmp counterparts sweet spot, so it's easily clickable.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:10 AM

Your guys' black mods are so dreary. I'm running so hot since I made this fruity mod. Thanks DPR!

I can host/send the cards/table/bat if anyone likes.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your guys' black mods are so dreary. I'm running so hot since I made this fruity mod. Thanks DPR!

[image]

I can host/send the cards/table/bat if anyone likes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neon Rainbow is soooooooooo the new black!

http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte899v..._overwrite.rar
Old 11-10-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How would you change this bat to perform the Dpr mod ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what it is that PokerStars is detecting that prompts it to update and revert back to the original theme. Annoying as hell. To circumvent, I created a .bat file to copy the theme and cards directory and replace it with DpR's theme following any update. Most likely it's overkill, but it works for me.

You MUST follow the steps in this order:
1) Run PokerStars and make sure the theme named Stars is already installed
2) Change to a different theme (i.e. PokerStars Default Theme)
3) With PokerStars still running, copy the folder "Gx\chips&deck\deck\simple" into "Gx\chips&deck\deck\" and rename the folder "simpleold"
4) Copy the folder "C:\Program Files\Pokerstars\Themes\stars" into "C:\Program Files\Pokerstars\Themes\" and rename the folder "original"
5) Unpack DpR's file into C:\Program Files\Pokerstars\ and replace any files.
4) Change to the Stars theme and make any necessary changes (cards, background, etc...) See my earlier post.
5) Close Pokerstars once everything looks the way you want it.
6) Only then can you start PStars using this .bat file

- - - -

@echo off
cd "C:\Program Files\Pokerstars"
xcopy /y /e "Gx\chips&deck\deck\simple" "Gx\chips&deck\deck\simplenew"
xcopy /y /e "Gx\chips&deck\deck\simpleold" "Gx\chips&deck\deck\simple"
xcopy /y /e "C:\Program Files\Pokerstars\Themes\stars" "C:\Program Files\Pokerstars\Themes\modified"
xcopy /y /e "C:\Program Files\Pokerstars\Themes\original" "C:\Program Files\Pokerstars\Themes\stars"
PokerStarsUpdate.exe
xcopy /y /e "C:\Program Files\Pokerstars\Themes\stars" "C:\Program Files\Pokerstars\Themes\original"
xcopy /y /e "Gx\chips&deck\deck\simple" "Gx\chips&deck\deck\simpleold"
xcopy /y /e "C:\Program Files\Pokerstars\Themes\modified" "C:\Program Files\Pokerstars\Themes\stars"
xcopy /y /e "Gx\chips&deck\deck\simplenew" "Gx\chips&deck\deck\simple"

- - - -

I'm no programmer, I'm just a noob trying to make this as easy as possible for other noobs. Someone volunteer as the guinea pig and post if it works. If it ends up destroying your computer, eating your children and violating your cat... sorry!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to follow your steps but when I go to DPR's link and download whats there it isnt the usual zip file. It is an unknown file called themes.RAR AKA theres nothing to unpack. What am I doin wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

That bat seems to work fine but is there any way to make the process faster? It takes a while for all the files to be copied. It looks like your bat file is moving the current files somwhere else, launching pokerstars, and moving them back. Is there any way to just have the old files somewhere else already so you only have to perform the second half of the operation (moving them to the stars directory), which occurs after PStars is opened.