Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Do you trust ongame (pokerroom, hollywood and even daniels fullcon

[ QUOTE ]

I think those that are so quick to smear ongame for this should be careful that you don't encourage sites to sweep collusion problems under the rug.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stox regardless of whether or not Irish is guilty, freezing up 70K without any evidence given after multiple weeks is scary at best and illegal at worst, no?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:31 PM

Played there about 5 month ago. Cashed out $ 5000 what was all i had at that site. Went through almost the same [censored]. After a couple of weeks they even stopped replying to my e-mails. Never got my money. Better luck to you. I don't play online anymore . Just can't trust any online-room anymore. They can do whatever they want.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:45 PM

I currently have real money accounts at 13 separate sites on 12 different networks. Nine of them are at least moderately funded. Two average five digits at any given time. I don't put in the volume that HSNL does, but lots of people love the free interest my cash generates.

The only major network I have never played real money at and probably never will is Pokerroom, and things like this are why.

Hope you get your money back.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know many people who are all owed over 100k+

[/ QUOTE ] Repeating that you know many people in situations similar to yours doesn't help your cause, at all. Look how many people were smart enough to take their business elsewhere based on your story alone. You claim to be aware of several of those types of stories, and you still kept tens of thousands of dollars on their site? Are you just really dumb? My guess is that you don't actually know "many people who are all owed 100k+."
Old 09-14-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Repeating that you know many people in situations similar to yours doesn't help your cause, at all. Look how many people were smart enough to take their business elsewhere based on your story alone. You claim to be aware of several of those types of stories, and you still kept tens of thousands of dollars on their site? Are you just really dumb? My guess is that you don't actually know "many people who are all owed 100k+."

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe he makes enough money at poker that its worth the risk. I currently have a lot of money i keep online in not so safe sites... but there is definitely not enough of a reason to take this money off.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think those that are so quick to smear ongame for this should be careful that you don't encourage sites to sweep collusion problems under the rug.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting this, and I'm surprised everyone is rushing to judgement when only the involved parties know exactly what happened. Mistakes will be made holding accounts hostage on questionable evidence; but looking the other way and allowing players to run amok is just as bad.

The crux of the problem is lack of transparency in these disputes; we don't know the facts, leading to unnecessary slandering of both operators and players. This industry needs an international third-party with the utmost integrity to handle binding arbitration claims for high limit disputes, period. I have no idea if it's feasible, or if the logistics would be a nightmare given we are dealing with offshore operations in multiple domiciles, but it's the only fair way to proceed.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe he makes enough money at poker that its worth the risk. I currently have a lot of money i keep online in not so safe sites... but there is definitely not enough of a reason to take this money off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should have PMd you to keep from going off topic. But wouldn't it be smarter for you to transfer that money to something like Neteller. Then when you want to play on that "not so safe" site you transfer then play again?

I know I can have money from my checking account to Neteller to my poker account and playing in less than 2 minutes.

Yes, unfortunatly I have to reload sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2006, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Do you trust ongame (pokerroom, hollywood and even daniels fullcontact

Hello IrishCurve,

On behalf of Ongame Network, I apologize to you for the frustration you experienced while playing on one of our operator's sites. You should have been treated in a more respectful manner while these issues were being investigated and resolved.

We have not done enough to ensure acceptable standards of compliance, service and communication throughout our network. That will be one of the things we learn from this incident.

In respect to your situation, you should have learned yesterday afternoon (Sept 13 at about 7PM EST) that your money was on its way to you. As you requested to FutureBet, $10,000 is now in your Neteller account and the remainder is on its way to you by cheque via FedEx.

We have completed a full analysis of what happened, including details of investigations, but I won't post that personal information here without your permission.

As for the correspondence you posted, it's unacceptable to us that we can be so grossly misrepresented by any Operator on our Network. Your money was successfully transferred from our systems to FutureBet on August 6. At the highest levels, management from our two companies are discussing why you are only getting paid on September 13 after making this issue public.

A more detailed explanation will be provided to you within the next few days.

As we could have helped had we been informed earlier, we will take steps to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future. Ongame Network will shortly create a Player Ombuds Office to deal with players' concerns. Both network Operators and their players will be able to escalate issues to this group.

Also, we will be writing a "Charter of Players' Rights on Ongame Network" which we will encourage the community to comment on before mandating our Operators adhere to it.

With 103 replies to the original post, there are too many comments and questions to address here without writing a novel. I will confirm the points made in PokerRoom.com's post yesterday and reiterate my sincerest apologies to you.

If you wish to follow-up with me about any point here, please e-mail me at jeffrey.haas -at- ongamenetwork.com

Best regards,

Jeffrey Haas
Ongame Network
Old 09-14-2006, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Do you trust ongame (pokerroom, hollywood and even daniels fullcontact

Yeah if it wasnt for 2+2 youd have done f all
Old 09-14-2006, 04:52 PM

Its scary how much pull 2+2 have.

I hope that sites dont stop with collution detection because of this. I hope irish obliges and we can see what sort of evidence there was.