FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How balla are you?
My name is Bones and I have boned a stripper 8 22.86%
I am not bones, which means I'm lame 27 77.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Vick indicted by the feds

[ QUOTE ]
As a vegetarian, it's funny to me to see people so outraged about dogfighting, yet have little care for the torture placed upon cows, pigs, and chickens in the meat industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also love the vegetarians always come out in these kinds of threads with their holier-than-thou attitudes.

Apparently meat eaters are not permitted to feel revulsion over Vick's actions. I had a hamburger last night, so the mental image of Vick slamming a dog into the ground until it dies is not supposed to upset me.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:48 PM

my friend had a pet turtle in junior high school and he took care of it as best he could for the longest time.. then he went on a trip and when he came back he just forgot to feed it for the longest time...

he's like one of the nicest guys i know too... maybe if it was a dog ppl might think differently... i also had a friend who ran over a stray dog by accident.. and no dogslaughter charges were pressed....

and trust me they all manage to have ppl like them besides their horrible transgessions in life...
Old 07-18-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my friend had a pet turtle in junior high school and he took care of it as best he could for the longest time.. then he went on a trip and when he came back he just forgot to feed it for the longest time...

he's like one of the nicest guys i know too... maybe if it was a dog ppl might think differently... i also had a friend who ran over a stray dog by accident.. and no dogslaughter charges were pressed....

and trust me they all manage to have ppl like them besides their horrible transgessions in life...

[/ QUOTE ]

these arguments don't really support your thesis homie.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:51 PM

I was gonna have a tasty burger for lunch, but after reading this thread I'm gonna find someone's dog, beat it to death, and then eat it with a spork. Same difference LDO.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:53 PM

I wasn't saying anything other then that Mikey's point is completely valid and I am definitely not a vegetarian.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:55 PM

this argument is all kinds of lame. a more interesting one would be does dogfighting pose a threat to other humans to an extent it infringes on their rights enough to deserve to be illegal?
Old 07-18-2007, 01:55 PM

I hope he gets cleared of all charges and then trampled by an angry PETA mob.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, not all breeders of fighting dogs fight them to the death. In fact, most "respectable" breeders/trainers look down on those who fight them to the death or treat their dogs without love and respect.

[/ QUOTE ] Interesting, I've never heard of a dogfight not being to the death. How do they determine the winner, the other guy throws in the towel or something?
Old 07-18-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also love the vegetarians always come out in these kinds of threads with their holier-than-thou attitudes.

Apparently meat eaters are not permitted to feel revulsion over Vick's actions. I had a hamburger last night, so the mental image of Vick slamming a dog into the ground until it
dies is not supposed to upset me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've ever participated in any other vegetarian-related threads on 2p2, you should know that I'm one of the least "holier-than-thou" proponents of being a vegetarian. I don't think I'm any better than you because you eat meat. I just don't understand how it's acceptable/understandable to do things to one set of animals, and it isn't OK for another. Even if you want to justify the meat industry's practices because it allows you to afford a hamburger, you're still inherently agreeing that what they do is not humane.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty for eating meat or sway anyone to be a vegetarian. It's a personal decision, and I won't ever infringe on your beliefs. But I believe it's hypocritical for some people in this thread to say, "I don't believe in animal rights, but you should never beat/torture your dog."
Old 07-18-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this argument is all kinds of lame. a more interesting one would be does dogfighting pose a threat to other humans to an extent it infringes on their rights enough to deserve to be illegal?

[/ QUOTE ]

We hit up that one in the other thread briefly too. My personal opinion, looking at it only under that context, is that the owners should be held responsible for any harm their animals cause to other humans.