Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Re: ***Official April Graphs / May Goals Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
I've been reading this forum for about 6 months and just finally was comfortable enough to post in the past few weeks. I can confidently say that the benefits of discussing hands, having hands analyzed etc., far outweighs any info a villain may use against you.

I want to post my graph so you can see my comical shot at 200NL. Anyone recommend a pic sharing site to use for posting purposes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found photobucket.com to be very easy to use.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about somebody (well, I could do it) create an invitation-only forum where everybody is supposed to contribute and every month people who haven't contributed get banned for a period of time (voted on by the others)? No lurkers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a great idea however would we not be taken away from 2+2 or do u suggest we get a locked forum here and let the mod admin who is able to view it? We could have a private forum just for this kinda thing so that lurkers can't read what we are saying. I also think we could then have a database of players in which we could share our notes on.

good idea [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i mean id totally be down with that, but two plus two is a business, and it doesnt make sense to make forums of which the public cant veiw the content, they make money for every page veiwed on their sight so i doubt they would cater to a select group of posters, then there is an issue of allowing new blood into the forum etc....

i do think that group aim session or somthing might be in order
you can convert your hand at pokerhand.org or whatever and then link it into the aim box, then we can have a live discussion on it. I wouldnt mind doin somthing like that weekly.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:12 AM

3300 hands of NL10 @ (10.3bb/100) the rest split equally between NL5 & NL2 working on 4 tabling. Ran really well all month.

Just want to say thanks to all those who contribute around here in the strat threads. My game has improved a tremendous amount since the forum opened. Still a long, long way to go though.

Goals for May.

1. Finish reading Harrington Vol. 1
2. Finish Stars Bonus from Jan.
3. Figure out how to beat Stars game better. (Only a little better than breakeven for the 800 NL10 hands played there)
4. Play 7000 hands, which is about as much as I can expect with family/job/life.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:15 AM

Who cares if there are lurkers, no way is lurking more beneficial to their game than posting, yes they will pick up ideas etc, but without discussion, many ideas do not form. 2+2 has been about sharing ideas and improving our game, the books are meant to do the same. The players that are eager to improve their game will do it, whether you have a private invite forum or not. I lurked for a long time, and still do not post much, not because of fear of sharing insight, but frankly I do not feel on par with alot of the strat posters, so I read and learn, and post when I have questions, or get into sticky situations. I aim to be posting alot more as my game improves and my understanding of it's complexities reaches a higher level. Frankly I do not see a whole lot of benifits to lurking, maybe at high stakes levels, but as Future doc pointed out, If you can't beat the $200's or below, well it isn't because of lurkers, it's your game. Having a 2+2 private invite forum goes against what the spirit of 2+2 is about, at least to me, and that's a place where you can talk strategy openly, and learn, it's bad enough the problems that face poker and the players, the stigma attached to it, why make things more difficult for this great game.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:17 AM

For some reason the discussion of hands here is alot less helpfull and alot less insitefull then at the 6-max forums. I think it might be at the 6max different ways to play a hand are actually discussed in depth while here if some1 strays away from standard there opinion is simply disregarded. Like some who posts a hand where they played 97s out of position, the only advice he is likely to get from this forum is fold preflop.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i do think that group aim session or somthing might be in order
you can convert your hand at pokerhand.org or whatever and then link it into the aim box, then we can have a live discussion on it. I wouldnt mind doin somthing like that weekly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be down for that, I really feel that some of the bad advice given on here has hurt my game, which is why I pretty much stoped reading the HH. If you can get a select number of people together to gather some interesting hands they had and meet up at the same time on aim or soemthing to discuss them all, I think that would be ill.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be down for that, I really feel that some of the bad advice given on here has hurt my game

[/ QUOTE ]

What, like raising queens and kings preflop? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would be down for that, I really feel that some of the bad advice given on here has hurt my game

[/ QUOTE ]

What, like raising queens and kings preflop? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just for starters, and who said you had to raise those [censored] cards anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2007, 11:48 AM

My month went to hell fast. Worst one in a while overall, but it's mainly a result of failed shots.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:17 AM

Basically all at full ring pot-limit (yes, I am a super nit). Made the move from PL25 to PL100. As you can see I was greeted with a nice mini up-and-down-swing in the beginning and I reverted to PL25 for a couple of hands.

Goal May:

Stay at PL100, play only PL100, 10K hands.
Put in the first 1100 hands yesterday and am up 4 buy-ins. Given my current roll I have 10 buy-in cushion.

I estimate that I can beat PL100 at +5 ptbb/100 (modus operandi: 2-3 medium attentive "multi"-tabling). Well, let's see about that.

Also:everybody who can beat PL25 at Stars can beat PL100.

At PL25, you have to share the idiots with up to 5 multi-tablers. At PL50 you have just better multi-tablers and uber nits. At PL100 you'll have at least one mega idiot at your table.