Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

I am wondering even if I create HSBC account in Montreal, I won't be able to deposit? does it have to be made from Toronto? Thx in advance.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:06 AM

Well, I'm off to a nice start with C2P.

It all starts with a toll-free number...and someone that answers in a few minutes. Excellent. Then a series of good answers:

I understand the whole funding thing much better now. If you want to fund from CC, you don't fund C2P from your CC, then deposit on a site. You just go ahead and deposit on the site, even though there's $0 in your C2P accouunt, and C2P takes it from your CC. 3% charge for that.

Or you can wire the money...takes a few days.

Heard the claim again that they don't take anything on currency exchange. I even asked her if I deposited on to and then cashed out from the same site, if I would have the same amount of money in my account when I was done, and she said yes. Hmmm...guess I'll be trying that out to find out for sure!

$2 fee to cashout by cheque.

So, now to try it...
Old 03-29-2007, 04:24 AM

OK, just used C2P on Sun. Worked just like the nice lady said...$0 in my C2P account, but I got my $20 on Sun instantly, just like NT...sweet! C2P account shows I was charged $23.19, which is pretty much spot on the Bank Of Canada rate right now...3 cents different, I believe. This is quite promising.

So, I'm taking one for the team and incuring the $1 charge to make a $20 withdrawal back off of Sun, and see how the exchange rate holds up. OK, well, I really do want to know for myself too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Withdrawal went through fine, just have to wait for it to show up back in my account.

Then if all works out well, it'll be time to take a few hundred off Sun so I have some money on C2P to start setting it up for other sites where I have $$. There's a few sites that take both MB and C2P, so I should be able to move money from eWallet to eWallet that way.

I also forgot to ask the nice lady about the ATM card. If C2P works out well, that could be a nice option.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:34 AM

Time to add some eWallet info:

Moneybookers - AP, b2b, Boss (some), Cake, Everest, iPoker, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame, Party, UB, WSEX
Click2Pay - AP, Boss (some), Crypto (Sun & IP only), Everest, FT, iPoker, Microgaming (some), OnGame, Poker.com, TruePoker, UB
ePassporte - AP, Cake, FT, Stars, UB,
ATMOnline - UB
EcoCard - iPoker, Mansion, Microgaming (some)
No eWallet Available: Pacific, Paradise

Networks checked so far: AP, b2b, Boss, Cake, Crypto, Everest, FT, iPoker, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame, Pacific, Paradise, Party, Poker.com, Stars, TruePoker, UB, WSEX.

Moneybookers

Currency Available: US $, Can $, others
Funding Options: CC (1.9% fee), Bank Transfer (Free)
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($4.67 fee), EFT ($2.40 fee)
Depositing on Sites: No fees
Cashouts from Sites: No fees
Transaction Limits: 1,000 Euro for Outgoing Transactions, no limit for Incoming. Can be increased to as high as 14,000 Euro with some verification steps.

**** Still waiting for my UB and Party deposits to show up 36+ hours later...hopefully just a temporary glitch.

Click2Pay

Currency Available: Can $ only
Funding Options: CC (3% fee), Bank Wire (NOT transfer)
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($2 fee), C2P Card ($10 fee to get card, $5 monthly dormant fee after 6 months, no other C2P fees)
Depositing on Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Cashouts from Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Transaction Limits: Unknown

**** Items still to be confirmed: C2P Card fees (they seem clear on the site, but I'd like to get confirmation), Currency Exchange fees (they say none, it looks that way, but I'll see how my Sun Cashout goes)
Old 03-29-2007, 09:14 AM

Thanks Bobo for doing all this. Did you happen to ask what type of limits Click2Pay has in terms of withdrawls and deposits? I am a higher limit player and the moneybookers' $20,000 limit within 90 days is not really a viable option. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

**** Still waiting for my UB and Party deposits to show up 36+ hours later...hopefully just a temporary glitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Moneybookers deposits were instant? I know that Neteller deposits were always instant, showing up in my merchant's account in seconds. How long do Moneybookers deposits take to show up in your account at your merchant's website? 36 hours seems too long to me. The limits on tranactions and total transactions per 90 days could be a problem. I'm beginning to miss Neteller. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Can Canadians open up a U.S. currency Moneybookers account? Currency exchange fees can take a huge hit on any slight profit margin. I don't really want to check currency exchange rates everyday. It would be easier to just have a U.S. currency Moneybookers account. I wish sites would stop using the U.S. dollar and switch to the British pound sterling or Canadian dollars.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, just used C2P on Sun. Worked just like the nice lady said...$0 in my C2P account, but I got my $20 on Sun instantly, just like NT...sweet! C2P account shows I was charged $23.19, which is pretty much spot on the Bank Of Canada rate right now...3 cents different, I believe. This is quite promising.

So, I'm taking one for the team and incuring the $1 charge to make a $20 withdrawal back off of Sun, and see how the exchange rate holds up. OK, well, I really do want to know for myself too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Withdrawal went through fine, just have to wait for it to show up back in my account.

Then if all works out well, it'll be time to take a few hundred off Sun so I have some money on C2P to start setting it up for other sites where I have $$. There's a few sites that take both MB and C2P, so I should be able to move money from eWallet to eWallet that way.

I also forgot to ask the nice lady about the ATM card. If C2P works out well, that could be a nice option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah good work Bobo, this is exactly the thing I want to know before opening up a C2P account and I am far too lazy to try and find this out myself.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:25 AM

nh Bobo, thanks for the help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Moneybookers deposits were instant? I know that Neteller deposits were always instant, showing up in my merchant's account in seconds. How long do Moneybookers deposits take to show up in your account at your merchant's website? 36 hours seems too long to me. The limits on tranactions and total transactions per 90 days could be a problem. I'm beginning to miss Neteller. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Can Canadians open up a U.S. currency Moneybookers account? Currency exchange fees can take a huge hit on any slight profit margin. I don't really want to check currency exchange rates everyday. It would be easier to just have a U.S. currency Moneybookers account. I wish sites would stop using the U.S. dollar and switch to the British pound sterling or Canadian dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...deep breaths...deep breaths. I'm starting to think you only read about half of what I post! Just because I'm posting every 5 minutes is no excuse, you know. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yes, MB is instant. Obviously, there is a problem with those 2 deposits, and there is a thread in this forum where someone else had a problem with the same 2 sites. He has deposited to them before from MB without a problem. I was able to deposit to Everest instantly. Unfortunately, UB & Party likely have the worst service among the big sites, so getting answers is not happening real quickly.

Yes, you can have a Moneybookers US dollar account. Not so with C2P.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Bobo for doing all this. Did you happen to ask what type of limits Click2Pay has in terms of withdrawls and deposits? I am a higher limit player and the moneybookers' $20,000 limit within 90 days is not really a viable option. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet, but I'll be making a call later.
Closed Thread