Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: kobe wants out

How about :

Entire Knicks team except for David Lee for Kobe.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:01 AM

Kobe, David Lee, Mark Madsen, Varejao, Noah.

That's a compatible team for kobe.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:09 AM

BTW tuq it would be a lot higher than 50% if the Suns did somehow land Kobe (even if it was for Marion + Barbs + Diaw + all first rounders.) Kinda pointless talking about it though cause it's not gonna happen.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CHRIST HELL NO. I wouldn't trade a $17M ham sandwich for Kobe. Screw that punk-ass. I like to actually like the players on the team I root for.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I like Marion better a lot more than amare. I think amare is pretty dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify I meant I'd rather have Amare than Marion. That doesn't mean I don't think Marion is great.

I'm a Grizzlies fan and IMHO Amare would fit us better. I think the best thing would actually be to get both of them.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:57 AM

I spent a ton of time researching and writing what the Lakers can possibly do in the off-season in my blog. Thanks Aloy and Mano for providing the radio links. It will probably help most of the readers here to learn a thing or two about salary cap rules.

http://notradeclause.blogspot.com/

I don't know if it's legit or not to post my blog but it's just one entry with nothing else in it (no ads). I am not a good writer but my friends have always told me that my notes on facebook for college bball are very interesting to read.

Anyways, to my surprise, and probably will make a lot of people happy, the best choice would be to deal Kobe away in order to rebuild for the next 5 to 10 years (like the Bulls today or the Blazers in 4 years.) At the beginning of the day, though, i would have never came to that conclusion, being a Lakers/Kobe fan. (there are two types of Lakers fans: Lakers fans that love Kobe and fans that don't, surprisingly). I stated in my blog that the best way to deal Kobe is to deal with the Bobcats, for GWallace/Felton/picks for Kobe, and I don't think anyone's going to change my mind on that.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:51 AM

Im pretty confused with the "Trade Kobe" part of your blog:

Are the players at the top the ones who would be in a deal for Kobe or just players who could be in a deal for Kobe? For the Chicago Bulls specifically: That's way to much to give up for Kobe if you're going by the players at the top of your paragraph. In the middle of the paragraph you have Gordon and Noc for Kobe which I think clearly isn't enough for Kobe. Mind clearing this up?? Thanks.

P.S. I tried understanding what you're trying to do with that section by reading to first two paragraphs, but I'm still confused.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Sickboy was put on this earth to piss off me and tuq.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually a Suns fan but I hate watching the team knowing we have no real shot to win it all unless everything falls our way perfectly. Nash is the [censored] but come crunch time I don't want Marion/Diaw/Barbosa/Amare with the ball cuz I don't think they'll get it done.

I don't see this current team ever getting to the NBA finals. I think they will always get close but lose to one of the top tier teams in the WCF/semi finals.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually a Suns fan but I hate watching the team knowing we have no real shot to win it all unless everything falls our way perfectly. Nash is the [censored] but come crunch time I don't want Marion/Diaw/Barbosa/Amare with the ball cuz I don't think they'll get it done.

I don't see this current team ever getting to the NBA finals. I think they will always get close but lose to one of the top tier teams in the WCF/semi finals.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were pretty damn close to this year. Nash couldn't play at end of game 1. Game 5 was pretty close despite amare and diaw's absense. Bell improved a lot. You can argue that game 4 was given to the suns by the refs, but spurs had calls going thier way in game 3.

I think suns def have a legit shot at winning it next year.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They were pretty damn close to this year. Nash couldn't play at end of game 1. Game 5 was pretty close despite amare and diaw's absense. Bell improved a lot. You can argue that game 4 was given to the suns by the refs, but spurs had calls going thier way in game 3.

I think suns def have a legit shot at winning it next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they were close and they had a good shot without the suspensions etc..but in my view SA was the better team and the favorite to win even if the Suns don't get suspended.

Also Dallas isn't going to lose in the 1st round every year.
This year was the Suns year. Next year they may have to face both the Mavs and the Spurs. As each year passes Nash will break down more and more.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the people spouting about how they aren't built to win it all, aren't as good as the Spurs etc. (Sickboy you're a troll so I don't mean you) seem to conveniently ignore the Nash injury or the suspensions that probably cost them one or possibly both games. They take one of those and there's a game 7 in front of a packed, explosive home crowd. Advantage Suns, at the very least, and then they have the Jazz roll over the next round.

One could argue that Dirk is so effed in the head by now that the Mavs need to put someone alongside him now in order to win it all. Not sure that I believe that but the Suns don't have such a problem: Nash has a good reputation as a big-game player and the Suns did a MUCH better job this year closing out games down the stretch. Thus they don't have any extra bogeymen other than age, injury, and suspensions.